Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: OFFICIAL UCLA WAITLIST THREAD  (Read 26490 times)

veganchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: OFFICIAL UCLA WAITLIST THREAD
« Reply #270 on: July 28, 2006, 01:31:35 PM »
veganchick, did you just get in?

no - in fact, I only got about 2 hours of sleep I have so much anxiety now.  I'm on campus at pepperdine right now looking for housing.  I think I just have to get used the fact that I'm not going to UCLA.  I've put off moving for too long, thinking there was a chance.  Gotta just take the plunge, and get my act together.  I'm SO not ready for school to start in 2 1/2 weeks.  I think Pepperdine has got to be one of the hardest schools for finding nearby affordable housing.  Totally sucks.  :-[

This ocean view isn't even calming me.  Ugh. 

Om.  Breathe.

Nope, still not working...   :'(
Pepperdine it is.  I'm a sucker for an ocean view.

mto83

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 28, 2006, 02:27:31 PM »

no - in fact, I only got about 2 hours of sleep I have so much anxiety now.  I'm on campus at pepperdine right now looking for housing.  I think I just have to get used the fact that I'm not going to UCLA.  I've put off moving for too long, thinking there was a chance.  Gotta just take the plunge, and get my act together.  I'm SO not ready for school to start in 2 1/2 weeks.  I think Pepperdine has got to be one of the hardest schools for finding nearby affordable housing.  Totally sucks.  :-[

Om.  Breathe.

I am feeling you.

veganchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 28, 2006, 04:39:09 PM »

Om.  Breathe.

I am feeling you.

thinking of you too... and as much as I want everyone to get what they want, it's nice to know I'm not alone in the process.  Misery always loves company.  The housing search isn't going that well.   :-[

IWannaStayinLA

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 28, 2006, 09:26:37 PM »
So all of those spots which opened up today because of SIRs are going to be filled with waitlisted people Monday, right?

veganchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 30, 2006, 12:19:48 AM »
I met someone today, whose friend was admitted, and he's decided to wait a year.  That's one more spot.  ;)

veganchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 30, 2006, 02:18:49 PM »
In case you didn't see... from another board.  Posted July 28th.   :o

"I was all set to go to Notre Dame, but UCLA called this morning telling me I was accepted off their waitlist. I literally have until monday to decide and then another 2 weeks to prepare for school."

IWannaStayinLA

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 30, 2006, 04:59:35 PM »
that was already on lsn since 7/26/06.  so no worries.

mto83

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 30, 2006, 07:05:08 PM »
In case you didn't see... from another board.  Posted July 28th.   :o

"I was all set to go to Notre Dame, but UCLA called this morning telling me I was accepted off their waitlist. I literally have until monday to decide and then another 2 weeks to prepare for school."

I wouldn't mind being in that predicament...

veganchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 31, 2006, 12:20:53 PM »
that was already on lsn since 7/26/06.  so no worries.

Oh - thanks  ;)

I went out with a 3rd year UCLA law student last night.  He's had a great experience there - and is enjoying his summer internship.  He also said that one of his other 3rd year summer associates is from Pepperdine, and is definitely well prepared... made me feel a bit better. 

Ok everyone - don't forget to tell us if your phone rings from the prefix 825 today  8)  Good luck!

IWannaStayinLA

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 31, 2006, 04:37:23 PM »
another acceptance on lsn today.