Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: OFFICIAL UCLA WAITLIST THREAD  (Read 25538 times)

mto83

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: OFFICIAL UCLA WAITLIST THREAD
« Reply #210 on: July 06, 2006, 06:39:21 PM »
Though I have to say, I would have a fight with veganchick--no offense--to see who wants it more. I have to move to Tuscaloosa, AL for godsakes!

I am hoping for activity tomorrow. The 2nd wave was 2 weeks after the 1st batch of admits off the waitlist if I remember correctly.

mto83

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 08, 2006, 10:12:00 AM »
Though I have to say, I would have a fight with veganchick--no offense--to see who wants it more. I have to move to Tuscaloosa, AL for godsakes!

I am hoping for activity tomorrow. The 2nd wave was 2 weeks after the 1st batch of admits off the waitlist if I remember correctly.

I stand corrected.  :P

veganchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 09, 2006, 12:21:05 PM »
Thanks Grohl  ;) 

But after talking with the admissions office yesterday, my chances are SUPER DOOPER slim.

I was told that they are officially "over-enrolled"  :'( :'( :'(.  Sounds like there's no chance of taking more peeps unless people don't pay their 2nd seat deposit...

One other tidbit - I was told that no one had been rejected off the waitlist as of yet.

Where did you decided to go to school, Grohl?
Pepperdine it is.  I'm a sucker for an ocean view.

mto83

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 09, 2006, 01:25:13 PM »
It was fun while it lasted...

Did they say when the 2nd deposit is due?

IWannaStayinLA

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 09, 2006, 05:58:12 PM »
I wouldn't be too disheartened. Lots of people may drop come 2nd seat deposits.

Vicious

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 09, 2006, 08:54:26 PM »
Hi Folks,

I'm enrolled at UCLA for this Fall and I'll just tell you that there is no seat deposit.  We have to reconfirm our intent to register by July 28, but as of yet, we have not had to put down a penny towards registration.  I believe this was addressed on the UCLA c/o 2009 thread, but I'll tell you all now that UCLA has a strict attendance policy for orientation.  This year's orientation is Aug 17-18.  Any no-shows are immediately dropped from the class and replaced by a member of the waitlist.  Also, tuition isn't due until mid-August.  That will be the first time we have to put down any money, so these factors might contribute to some mid to late August waitlist movement.  And hey, if I get off the Boalt waitlist (which also looks unlikely at this point) one of you can have my spot!  So let's all pray for some movement on the Boalt waiting list!

Good luck to you all.

veganchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 10, 2006, 11:24:56 AM »
Thanks Vicious!  That's helpful information... and that's right - the admissions office did say reconfirm intent - she didn't mention $.  I forgot it's not an actual seat deposit.  So maybe there will be some movement after all  :-\

I hope you get into Boalt  ;D  CAL is my alma mater - GO BEARS!

mto83

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 11, 2006, 12:27:47 PM »
They really make sure you really want it.

veganchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 16, 2006, 07:24:00 PM »
From the UCLA admitted students thread:

"hi guys! i'm class of '08 too but it turns out i'm going to be a lawyering skills writing advisor this year so i might actually get to meet some of you at orientation.  couple of thoughts:

1) a guy in my section got in off the waitlist a day or two before orientation so those of you still waiting, don't give up."

;)

mto83

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 16, 2006, 09:39:13 PM »
From the UCLA admitted students thread:

"hi guys! i'm class of '08 too but it turns out i'm going to be a lawyering skills writing advisor this year so i might actually get to meet some of you at orientation.  couple of thoughts:

1) a guy in my section got in off the waitlist a day or two before orientation so those of you still waiting, don't give up."

;)

Glad to get some news.