10 (19.6%)
75 IQ
 9 (17.6%)
pervert
 8 (15.7%)
journalist
 17 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: Bill O'Reilly  (Read 3575 times)

law123

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Bill O'Reilly
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2006, 12:22:06 PM »
Is Olberman really a smart guy or are you just saying OReilly is not?  I don't watch much of Countdown, I just remember Olberman from being on Sportscenter and not exactly coming across as an intellectual.  Incidentally, I dont think OReilly is a moron, he has 2 Masters Degrees including one from Harvard's JFK school (which to my knowledge is very competitive and does not admit idiots).  I actually think he is very informed of the issues which he debates.

chillindave

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2006, 12:26:17 PM »
I am a liberal with some liberetarian leanings and I much prefer O'Reilly's show over Olbermans.  O'Reilly is most certainly a conservative but he is no RNC talking points person and will call out people who deserve it.  He is not nearly as awful or partisan as Sean Hannity.  And his show is entertaining enough to amuse me.  Olberman just takes little jabs at people to irk them which just gets old.  If I actually feel like watching cable news I'll watch Chris Matthews then O'Reilly.

philibusters

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2006, 12:45:17 PM »
Chris Matthews is okay, but I am not a huge fan.  Isn't he a pretty serious catholic?-- though I have never actually see him play that up on his show.  But what annoys me about Matthews is that he will occassionally attack a guest that he doesn't like, like when he interviewed Al Sharpton during the democratic convention in 04, Sharpton is far from a perfect person and has done some shady things in the past, but why was Matthews digging into Sharpton's past instead of worrying about the convention?
2008 graduate of William and Mary Law School

_BP_

• Sr. Citizen
  • Think. Wait. Fast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2006, 01:59:26 PM »
I have to agree philibusters.  He also cut off sharpton's speech midway as well.  Some past Chris Matthews comments about the Bush MIssion Accomplished Photo op:

On May 1, 2003, President Bush landed on the aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln aboard an S-3B Viking jet, emerged from the aircraft in full flight gear, and proceeded to "press[] flesh," as The Washington Post put it, as he shook hands and hugged crew members in front of the cameras. Later that day, Bush delivered a nationally televised speech from the deck of the Abraham Lincoln in which he declared that "[m]ajor combat operations in Iraq have ended," all the while standing under a banner reading: "Mission Accomplished."

the print and televised media fawned over Bush's "grand entrance" and the image of Bush as the "jet pilot" and the "Fighter Dog."

Chief among the cheerleaders was MSNBC's Chris Matthews. On the May 1, 2003, edition of Hardball, Matthews was joined in his effusive praise of Bush by right-wing pundit Ann Coulter and "Democrat" Pat Caddell. Former U.S. Rep. Robert K. Dornan (R-CA) also appeared on the program

MATTHEWS:And that's the president looking very much like a jet, you know, a high-flying jet star. A guy who is a jet pilot. Has been in the past when he was younger, obviously. What does that image mean to the American people, a guy who can actually get into a supersonic plane and actually fly in an unpressurized cabin like an actual jet pilot?
MATTHEWS: Do you think this role, and I want to talk politically [...], the president deserves everything he's doing tonight in terms of his leadership. He won the war. He was an effective commander. Everybody recognizes that, I believe, except a few critics.

MATTHEWS: Ann Coulter, you're the first to speak tonight on the buzz. The president's performance tonight, redolent of the best of Reagan -- what do you think?

MATTHEWS: He looks for real. What is it about the commander in chief role, the hat that he does wear, that makes him -- I mean, he seems like -- he didn't fight in a war, but he looks like he does.

MATTHEWS: We're proud of our president. Americans love having a guy as president, a guy who has a little swagger, who's physical, who's not a complicated guy like [former President Bill] Clinton or even like [former Democratic presidential candidates Michael] Dukakis or [Walter] Mondale, all those guys, [George] McGovern. They want a guy who's president. Women like a guy who's president. Check it out. The women like this war. I think we like having a hero as our president.
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
1776 TO 2006

"Legapp" Stands for "Legal Application"

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2006, 02:06:06 PM »
Ew to the above transcript.

There is only one news broadcast who I have loved, and that man is Peter Jennings (sniff)  :'(.  I stayed up all night on September 11th to watch him.... around 2am he got choked up and started tearing up, and that's when I finally let myself bawl.  PJ cared about people.  These pundits only care about the sound of their own voices.  >:(
I am officially a law school graduate : )

Happy_Weasel

• LSD Obsessed
  • Me and Gir, the happy weasel.
    • MSN Messenger - ominusdemon2@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2006, 04:48:00 PM »
He is my favorite retard.  http://www.andreamackris.com/sex_scandal.htm

Yeah, me too. I just say that he is a Sith Lord. Hey, Sith happens.

mayorofarlington

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2006, 05:03:43 PM »
while o'reilly definitely is conservative on a lot of issues, there are others in which he definitely takes positions that do not toe the Republican party line.  The oil exec deal is an example of one - while both parties have called for oil company investigations, i don't believe that republicans believe they will actually find anything and in short it's just a gimmick to show some concern - most republicans would see this sort of record oil profits as capitalism at its best...

o'reilly also supports medicinal marijauna, gun control, alternate fuels and hybrid vehicles, and unlike a lot of republicans believes global warming is real.  he's also against the death penalty though at times he's argued in favor of it only because in states where it is instituted, if a crime merits the highest form of punishment possible and that happens to be the death penalty then the DA/prosecution is obligated to pursue that course.  and yeah i also saw him ripping into james dobson on being homophobic...

the point is, yeah his style comes off as obnoxious, and some of hte stuff he says is dumb sometimes, and yeah he's accused of being too conservative but i think to suggest that he's just some party hack is a bit inaccurate...