10 (19.6%)
75 IQ
 9 (17.6%)
pervert
 8 (15.7%)
journalist
 17 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: Bill O'Reilly  (Read 3599 times)

Zeveria

Bill O'Reilly
« on: April 21, 2006, 01:48:42 AM »

Guess who's coming to dinner?!?

• Sr. Citizen
  • Don't call it a come back
    • View Profile
Re: Bill O'Reilly
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 01:58:25 AM »
How Bill O'Riely could be a journalist by any strech of the imagination beats the HECK out of me. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ ;D 8)
There's no homework in Law School

Zeveria

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 01:59:23 AM »
Thank you for voting for Satan.  I chose journalist jsut to be provocative.  But somebody else did too.  Shame on you!

Zeveria

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 02:01:01 AM »
Does anyone have explanations for the shift toward opinion oriented programs on "news" stations?

Guess who's coming to dinner?!?

• Sr. Citizen
  • Don't call it a come back
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 02:01:20 AM »
To be provacative I would have said he is fair and balanced.
There's no homework in Law School

Zeveria

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 02:06:01 AM »
To be provacative I would have said he is fair and balanced.

indeed.

There were unforunately only 5 options and I just didn't think about it long enough.

Racist, dickweed, schmuck, warmonger, hypocrite, and perverter of truth, the opposite of what a journalist is supposed to be

cayberr

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2006, 10:56:59 AM »
i dunno, i personally love fox news and how they just scream at people that dont agree with them..it's...comedic

I watch it occasionally for laughs too.  My SO's dad watches it as his ONLY news source.  I'm amazed at some of the "facts" I hear from him at the dinner table.  When I see him next, I'll ask him if he's upset that Comedy Central, especially South Park, "only offends Christians and not Muslims" (yes, I actually saw a whole Fox show about this recently).

Anyone see the O'Reilly SNL skit with Gingrich last week?   :D

lkny

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2006, 11:13:10 AM »
Does anyone have explanations for the shift toward opinion oriented programs on "news" stations?
People like to be told what to think. It's easier on the brain.

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2006, 03:11:41 PM »
O'Reilly is ok, if you watch with the proper perspective.  I watch him more for entertainment value than anything else and in that light, he's fine.  Still, I would be wary of taking anything he (or any other TV talking head) says seriously.  Remember, TV is a business and whatever will get more people to watch is what will be on.  He has to be doing something right, because he kicks the crap out of MSNBC and CNN in that time slot.

Zeveria

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2006, 12:07:54 AM »
i dunno, i personally love fox news and how they just scream at people that dont agree with them..it's...comedic

I watch it occasionally for laughs too.  My SO's dad watches it as his ONLY news source.  I'm amazed at some of the "facts" I hear from him at the dinner table.  When I see him next, I'll ask him if he's upset that Comedy Central, especially South Park, "only offends Christians and not Muslims" (yes, I actually saw a whole Fox show about this recently).

Anyone see the O'Reilly SNL skit with Gingrich last week?   :D

I like South Park b/c it is an equal opportunity offender.  But I do find The Daily Show to be a little bit ignorant about Islam. But it is funny that I expect more from a comedy show than a "news" show.  Jon Stewart is very astute in his critique of O'Reilly et al getting their panties all up in knot over his comedy show's blasphemy.  I guess the bottom line is that any one who really cares about what is going on the world will not be going to TV for core info.