Law School Discussion

Gas Prices

Re: Gas Prices
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2006, 02:53:24 PM »
oh well, i'm not at all rich, but i just dont get it- a few bucks extra a week is annoying, and i can see how it could affect business that buy tons of gas but for me, it's not worth getting upset about.

also i'm not someone who takes offense at people driving their vehicle of choice- even if it is an suv- they're the best choice for some people.

Happy_Weasel

• Me and Gir, the happy weasel.
    • MSN Messenger - ominusdemon2@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2006, 02:54:23 PM »
gas hasn't tripled in a few years.  i really don't get the big deal, it's a pain but not worth getting so upset about.

We still pay less than people in European countries and drive cars that are a heck of a lot bigger. I don't see why I should cry because someone who is driving a Hummer is having to spend $60+ to fill up his/her tank.

When the middle east flashes over (I am sure it hasnt) and when another hurricane hits. We will have the European experence, with a whole lot more fat people and theocracy.  ;D

Sno- we think alike!

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2006, 02:56:17 PM »
why do you think they've realized SUVs are stupid? suv=good if you go off-roading...suv=stupid if the most off road you get is potholes in downtown LA

Seriously.  Even in rural VT SUVs are almost never necessary or even particularly helpful.

Happy_Weasel

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2006, 02:57:10 PM »
In Colorado, they are.

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2006, 02:58:21 PM »
what the big deal if someone wants an suv?

Steve.jd

• I'm edumacated now, still not photogenic though
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2006, 02:59:07 PM »
we've just been spoiled as a nation w/gas prices...hell, in a way, i'm almost glad to see gas prices go up cuz that might actually make those fill in the blank who buy SUVs realize that gas isnt an unlimited resource...

why have we been spoiled as a nation w/gas prices? cuz in europe they're paying about 2.5x more than us for gas (in france it's about $8 a gallon right now)...why do you think they've realized SUVs are stupid? suv=good if you go off-roading...suv=stupid if the most off road you get is potholes in downtown LA

But the French suck...do we really want to be ANYTHING like them?  I think not ;)

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2006, 03:04:20 PM »
sno, i love that tar

second, i wouldnt mind higher gas prices if it was mostly taxes that were going to either mass transit or alternative fuel research.

right now, were just sending money to people that are going to end up bombing us...

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2006, 03:11:35 PM »
sno, i love that tar

second, i wouldnt mind higher gas prices if it was mostly taxes that were going to either mass transit or alternative fuel research.

right now, were just sending money to people that are going to end up bombing us...

leave alternative fuel research to the private sector.

Happy_Weasel

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2006, 03:12:47 PM »
sno, i love that tar

ANYWAY TO GET OUT OF THIS MESS WOULD BE NICE

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2006, 03:15:15 PM »
sno, i love that tar

leave alternative fuel research to the private sector.

i dont think it's all that effective in the private sector yet, but i think it's probably better than depending on the govt...i say just tax us and send it to toyota...god knows they'll put it to better use than gm or ford who STILL thinks SUVs are the future

someone can't get their head aroud suvs