Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Whats your MOST contraversial POV  (Read 15312 times)

LitDoc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Whats your MOST contraversial POV
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2006, 06:01:52 PM »
terralily - wasn't addressing you; sorry about the confusion.

kingofspain - yes, now I see; you have clearly demonstrated your superior attitude and intelligence. The fact that you don't see the pungent irony in most of your posts is evidence of your lack of intelligence. Allow me to point it out to you:

no i wasn't attacking their intellect, i was attacking their attitude, which is dismissive in the extreme.  your ideas are so hackney and tired i didn't feel like telling you at length why their so stupid because it's already been done so in that case i felt i could be dismissive.

Do you see? You attacked red and lily for supposedly being "dismissive in the extreme" in their attitudes. But then you justify your own extreme dismissiveness and arrogance. We call this irony. And when it is unintended and the speaker is unaware of it, it is a sign of ignorance -- the marker of an unreliable narrator -- and sometimes we even see it as a sign of stupidity.

And FYI, the same irony can be pointed out in countless posts of yours. Best to start becoming more aware of it....
"There is no was." -- William Faulkner

University of Texas, Class of '09

magnumalv

« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2006, 06:04:01 PM »
We call this irony. And when it is unintended and the speaker is unaware of it, it is a sign of ignorance -- the marker of an unreliable narrator -- and sometimes we even see it as a sign of stupidity.

I thought that was called "dramatic irony"! What kind of a lit prof are you?!?  ;D  ;)

kingofspain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2006, 06:05:46 PM »
oh good thing i post on this board and come across awesome intellects like yours on a daily basis.  thanks for your advice.

magnumalv

« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2006, 06:06:48 PM »
oh good thing i post on this board and come across awesome intellects like yours on a daily basis.  thanks for your advice.

We're here to help, honey.  :-*

kingofspain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2006, 06:08:54 PM »
this was a nice thread until red hijacked it, then everyone tried to impress red with their super ideas.  ooh love me red.  wake up people, red isn't smarter than you, she's just so incredibly pompous that it seems like she is.

redemption

« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2006, 06:13:03 PM »
Spaulding - yes, good stuff.

Also, stop sipping from Sen's & Nussbaum's Pimms bowl.

Also, removing subsidies may do more damage than keeping them in cases where African and other countries are net importers of staples.

Also, I like the footnote on your second post. Hilarious.

redemption

« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2006, 06:13:37 PM »
this was a nice thread until red hijacked it, then everyone tried to impress red with their super ideas.  ooh love me red.  wake up people, red isn't smarter than you, she's just so incredibly pompous that it seems like she is.

Marry me?

terralily

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: April 20, 2006, 06:13:55 PM »
terralily - wasn't addressing you; sorry about the confusion.

kingofspain - yes, now I see; you have clearly demonstrated your superior attitude and intelligence. The fact that you don't see the pungent irony in most of your posts is evidence of your lack of intelligence. Allow me to point it out to you:

no i wasn't attacking their intellect, i was attacking their attitude, which is dismissive in the extreme.  your ideas are so hackney and tired i didn't feel like telling you at length why their so stupid because it's already been done so in that case i felt i could be dismissive.

Do you see? You attacked red and lily for supposedly being "dismissive in the extreme" in their attitudes. But then you justify your own extreme dismissiveness and arrogance. We call this irony. And when it is unintended and the speaker is unaware of it, it is a sign of ignorance -- the marker of an unreliable narrator -- and sometimes we even see it as a sign of stupidity.

And FYI, the same irony can be pointed out in countless posts of yours. Best to start becoming more aware of it....

Oh ok.   ::)

Isn't more hypocracy than irony?  I guess it is all semantics.  

Oh another idea.  You have to take an IQ test before you're given a loan and your rate is based on your IQ.   Mybe there wouldn't be so many stupid people declaring bankruptcy.  
Windy City here I come....DePaul it is!!!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=terralily

H4CS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 20, 2006, 06:14:23 PM »
wake up people, red isn't smarter than you, she's just so incredibly pompous that it seems like she is.

That's the word I was looking for in the smugness thread.  Pompous.  Thanks so much your majesty, it had been bothering me all day.  Now I'll try to impress you:

Here's my controversial idea: Stop bitching about other people and get over yourself.

kingofspain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 20, 2006, 06:15:42 PM »
wake up people, red isn't smarter than you, she's just so incredibly pompous that it seems like she is.

That's the word I was looking for in the smugness thread.  Pompous.  Thanks so much your majesty, it had been bothering me all day.  Now I'll try to impress you:

Here's my controversial idea: Stop bitching about other people and get over yourself.

ok you got it.