A few more...
1. Tax the wealthiest 2% at a 70% rate (income tax); the wealthiest 10% at 55%.
2. Withdraw military presence from other countries unless they ask us to stay as protection against a neighboring threat.
3. Cut military spending in half. Maybe more.
4. Increase teacher salaries to $50K/yr -- adjusted for COL, with $50K/yr in Topeka KS as a baseline. Also, increase the number of teachers so that elementary class sizes are no larger than 20 students.
5. Pump all that money saved from the military into public education (including higher education) -- mostly for teacher salaries, new hiring, and facilities & resources.
6. Modify/revise welfare programs into worker programs -- i.e. provide productive work to welfare recipients, for which they receive welfare benefits.
Enough to go on for a while?
Ambitious enough for you, red? (Nice new tar, BTW)