Denver, CO
 10 (12.3%)
New York, NY
 19 (23.5%)
Other
 39 (48.1%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Voting closed: May 15, 2006, 12:14:07 PM

Author Topic: Best US City to live in?  (Read 2558 times)

*shell*

• Sr. Citizen
  • FSU...@#!* *&^% up
    • AOL Instant Messenger - shellrae007
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Best US City to live in?
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2006, 10:00:39 PM »
BOSTON MOFOS!
FSU Law Class of 2009!!!

WitterUin4

• Sr. Citizen
  • How I thought of ad comms
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2006, 12:11:10 PM »
Denver! Denver is great for young people. (Think LoDo). Also, the winters are very, very nice. More sunshine than almost anywhere in the country, and many winter days are shirtsleeve days.  We do get snow, but it melts off quickly, and I for one really like the variety.  Reasonable cost of living. Low crime for a big city. Rocky Moutains right in your backyard.
I'm at 1L at CU Boulder

Dunson II

« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2006, 12:43:47 PM »
New York, New York

Dunson II

« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2006, 12:48:02 PM »
Denver! Denver is great for young people. (Think LoDo). Also, the winters are very, very nice. More sunshine than almost anywhere in the country, and many winter days are shirtsleeve days.  We do get snow, but it melts off quickly, and I for one really like the variety.  Reasonable cost of living. Low crime for a big city. Rocky Moutains right in your backyard.

I have heard that the Denver area is overly religious in a weird way, is that true?

Could be.  Colorado Springs is super religious, getting taken over by a huge megachurch that goes on actual witchhunts.

cyberrev

« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2006, 12:55:50 PM »

I have heard that the Denver area is overly religious in a weird way, is that true?

Could be.  Colorado Springs is super religious, getting taken over by a huge megachurch that goes on actual witchhunts.

i was asked to do an exorcism the other day.  i only do inquisitions, though.

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2006, 01:00:42 PM »

i was asked to do an exorcism the other day.  i only do inquisitions, though.

No one ever expects the inquisition...

quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

cyberrev

« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2006, 01:03:51 PM »
it's the comfy chair for you, duck

Fidelio

« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2006, 01:07:31 PM »
IMHO,

Living in:

Manhattan (96 street and below) = Fairly decent.

Other 4 boroughs of New York = Overrated crap. 

WitterUin4

• Sr. Citizen
  • How I thought of ad comms
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2006, 05:30:01 PM »

No way. Colorado Springs is a conservative place, though, but it's not Denver. Denver/Boulder are in no way overly religious. Although there are lots of Buddhists in Boulder because of Naropa. But it's just not the same.
I'm at 1L at CU Boulder