Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Georgetown Class of 2009  (Read 3376 times)

Lily Jaye

• Sr. Citizen
  • A Schizophrenic Veronica
    • View Profile
Re: Georgetown Class of 2009
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2006, 08:54:06 AM »
Has anyone else sent in a request to have the $500 deposit waived?  Any word on that?  I haven't heard anything yet...

Er, deposits were due a while ago.  I'd call the admissions office again and ask to speak with someone who's an assistant or associate dean of admissions.  (Everyone calls for the Cornblatt.  Yes, he's helpful, but why irritate him with minor details when other people are probably just as capable of handling it for you?)

Er, there are two deposits...one $250 deposit was due May 1 and a final $500 is due on June 1.  For students who have received at least $12,000 in GULC grant funding, the $500 deposit may be waived.  My question was in regards to whether or not other incoming students had also requested the waiver and whether or not they had heard back about it.

Ooohh, I see what you mean.

Yeah, they said on my award letter that I didn't have to send mine in; however, a large chunk of my package was merit-based, so that may be why.  :-\

Why would anyone call the Dean over something as minor as this?  Who is "everyone"? 

A friend of mine only makes #350 a week after taxes, so $500 is a lot of money to him. :-\

But yeah, the Dean thing came up in a conversation with a Columbia Law School employee.  People really do call the admissions office and ask to speak with the Dean for far sillier concerns than yours.
Random 2L who does not spend nearly as much time here as she should.

jujunyc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2006, 02:10:49 PM »
So what are people thinking about Curriculum A vs. B? I'm still going back and forth. I think I'd really like the theoretical aspects about B, but there's something a little nervewracking about straying from the established format of courses that peers at other schools are taking as well...

Have you all selected a preference? We've still got another day to mull it over.

(ps I was just home in the DC burbs over the weekend and it made me even more excited to move down, heat, humidity and all!)

Lily Jaye

• Sr. Citizen
  • A Schizophrenic Veronica
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2006, 02:22:34 PM »
So what are people thinking about Curriculum A vs. B? I'm still going back and forth. I think I'd really like the theoretical aspects about B, but there's something a little nervewracking about straying from the established format of courses that peers at other schools are taking as well...

Have you all selected a preference? We've still got another day to mull it over.

(ps I was just home in the DC burbs over the weekend and it made me even more excited to move down, heat, humidity and all!)

I think Section 3's nature as a social filter is just as important as its theoretical nature.

But that's probably just me. :-\
Random 2L who does not spend nearly as much time here as she should.

CAGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2006, 04:40:14 PM »
I am definitely going with the alternative curriculum--as a public interest-oriented person, it makes the most sense--and I'm really excited about the theoretical and interdisciplinary nature of the courses!