Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Alabama aid/scholarship notification  (Read 839 times)

bookwormjay

• View Profile
    • Email
Alabama aid/scholarship notification
« on: April 19, 2006, 09:42:35 PM »
Got the acceptance binder from Alabama today, but there was no word about financial aid/scholarships. Any ideas about how long it will be before I get my offer? I must say, prior to getting this package, I was evenly split between Bama and Buffalo, but now I'm heavily leaning towards Bama. The school looks awesome and their acceptance package offers more prepatory advice than any other offer I've gotten from other schools.

AceJackSuited

• View Profile
Re: Alabama aid/scholarship notification
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 12:23:43 PM »
Got the acceptance binder from Alabama today, but there was no word about financial aid/scholarships. Any ideas about how long it will be before I get my offer? I must say, prior to getting this package, I was evenly split between Bama and Buffalo, but now I'm heavily leaning towards Bama. The school looks awesome and their acceptance package offers more prepatory advice than any other offer I've gotten from other schools.

If it didn't come with the binder, you aren't getting any scholarships. There are no grants so expect it to be all loans.

midgetpiggyback

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 01:01:32 PM »
If you had a letter with your acceptance binder from the dean that said something to the effect of, "Tuition is so low it's as if everyone has a scholarship," then you are in the same boat as I am...no scholarship money. As far as financial aid, you'll have to talk with the school.

somniferum

• Sr. Citizen
  • Papavar somniferum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 01:42:15 PM »
If you had a letter with your acceptance binder from the dean that said something to the effect of, "Tuition is so low it's as if everyone has a scholarship," then you are in the same boat as I am...no scholarship money. As far as financial aid, you'll have to talk with the school.

I distinctly remember that part of the admissions letter dashing my hopes of getting a scholarship.  Not that I should have had any hopes to begin with since my LSAT was right at their median.

bookwormjay

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 02:33:25 PM »
Did your status ever change on mybama?  I am checking it obsessively and it mocks me daily with "complete ready for review."  I'm glad to hear some people are getting their decisions, maybe mine will be forthcoming soon. ;)

By the way, that's an interesting split to have your choice between Bama and Buffalo!

Yes, the decision did change to "admitted" a few days before I received the binder. As for my unusual choice of schools, I am born and raised in NY and will ultimately wind up settling here, but I wouldn't be opposed to working in the SE for a decade or so. Ultimately my decision will be made based on which school is the most economical choice, but if Buffalo only turns out to be nominally cheaper I will probably go to Bama.

john83

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 04:17:27 PM »

congrats on bama! awesome school...

john83

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2006, 06:05:13 PM »
decided (i think): the university of alabama school of law class of 2009

ooooh that changed recently... what's up?

second thoughts. they're a female dog.

john83

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2006, 08:37:25 PM »
I'm having second, third, fourth and fifth thoughts at the moment... about everything.  My dad told me last night, "Remember, you do tend to overthink things" after listening to me ramble on and on about my law school angst.  :D

it's hard not to overthink one of the biggest decisions of your life.