Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Application Fees  (Read 271 times)

Jmart603

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Application Fees
« on: April 19, 2006, 04:27:53 PM »
Hey,
I'm going to be applying in the upcoming fall cycle of applicants and I was looking at the lsac stuff online and was just trying to figure out the total fees. I did the lsat which as 118. But then to register for lsdas is 109 and then 12 dollars per addition report. Do you have to pay the 40 or 50 bucks for the school on top of that or is the $12 report/school fee  all you pay per school?

ashke14

• AOL Instant Messenger - Kalenedral14
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Application Fees
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 04:31:59 PM »
Barring fee waivers, you pay the application fee to each school.  They don't see any of the money from the 12 dollar report fee - you're paying LSAC for a service there.  The application processing fee is an entirely different service.  Give up - applying to law school is expensive.

Jmart603

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 04:38:19 PM »
Barring fee waivers, you pay the application fee to each school.  They don't see any of the money from the 12 dollar report fee - you're paying LSAC for a service there.  The application processing fee is an entirely different service.  Give up - applying to law school is expensive.

thats some expensive *&^%. but i don't think i'll heed your invaluable wisdom above

ashke14

• AOL Instant Messenger - Kalenedral14
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 04:46:19 PM »
Heh, sorry - didn't mean give up on law school, but only on finding a cheap way to do it.