Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: OFFICIAL UCLA C/O 2009 THREAD!  (Read 15948 times)

lawschool09

• View Profile
Re: OFFICIAL UCLA C/O 2009 THREAD!
« Reply #200 on: August 09, 2006, 12:42:08 PM »
Works for me.  I picked up my bruin card 2 weeks ago and just swipe it to get in at the Wooden Center.  Nobody has said anything.  I think if you pick up your bruin card nobody will give you problems.  The gym is NICE...UCLA kids don't mess around either...i've seen some unbelievable bodies...HOT.  I've never been in a campus gym and actually felt bad about myself until two weeks ago.  Ah California, hehe. 

saltpill

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 09, 2006, 01:41:56 PM »
hey after reading your post I checked my status and saw that my transcript was showing to be not received, too.  I emailed UCLA and it turns out that my degree hadnt been posted on the transcript they got from me... so called my school, and they said takes my UG 30-90 days to post and I guess I am at the tailend.  Was I incredibly ignorant not to know this?  I knew that it would take that long to get my diploma but I thought it would be faster electronically.  Anyway I emailed them back and explained the situation.  Hope it is okay, there is nothing I can do about my UG doing that.  I just graduated from UG in June though, so if you didn't then everything I just said is useless =P.

It's crazy that we have some of our first assignments and syllabuses already!  I won't get there before you guys are meeting up but hope you all have fun, esp before law school starts =)

Have any of you checked your URSA? On mine, it says that my transcript hasn't been received yet. I sent that transcript in over two months ago and even the registar at my undergraduate institution has verified this. And to top it off, I haven't gotten any email about orientation. WTH is goin on?!  ???

moonpie

• Sr. Citizen
  • No it's not mexico
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 09, 2006, 02:32:25 PM »
Works for me.  I picked up my bruin card 2 weeks ago and just swipe it to get in at the Wooden Center.  Nobody has said anything.  I think if you pick up your bruin card nobody will give you problems.  The gym is NICE...UCLA kids don't mess around either...i've seen some unbelievable bodies...HOT.  I've never been in a campus gym and actually felt bad about myself until two weeks ago.  Ah California, hehe. 

You can just get your bruincard from the law school now?

lawschool09

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 09, 2006, 04:09:38 PM »
I'm pretty sure that you can.  I got an e-mail two days ago that we can pick them up before orientation.  I picked mine up a while ago.  Speak to Doug Myers, he will give you a form that you need to bring over to some office on campus that deals with the bruincards.  Doug may just have them though at the law school since it's so close to orientation. 

iqbal

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 09, 2006, 04:50:38 PM »
we could meet at Maloney's, the westwood brewing company, or one of the hookah bars on westwood blv?

icf

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 09, 2006, 07:05:17 PM »
finally got around to checking readings for the first day and am missing summer already

for Civil Procedure 145 with Prof. Rowe, he says to pick up a packet from the distribution room -- what's the distribution room??  i'd hate to email Rowe to ask and already sound like an idiot

kyung

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 09, 2006, 08:53:05 PM »
Hey,
So everyone but Kyung is free by Sunday. *Glares* So if it works for everyone, i'd like to do Tuesday night, say 7. Iqbal chimed in--why doesn't he suggest somewhere we should go?

Also, I went to the John Wooden fitness center yesterday so I could buy a membership for the next two weeks and not get fat. It caused some cognitive dissonance because
A) The center is mostly on the quarter system, but we are not, so UCLAW actually has us listed for a fitness center membership for the entire summer quarter which runs till september 15th or whatever.
B) Our accounts can't support a second membership.
C) We aren't technically supposed to get in by virtue of being a student/having a bruin card unless we have paid our dues.
D) Yet, "we" have paid for a membership, so it doesn't matter if we paid our tuition or not.

In my case, they resolved this contradiction by issuing me a paper two-week pass, because they are nice people. I could see different ones being nasty about it and saying the opposite-that I couldn't use the gym at all until school started. So if you want to swing by and see what they can do for you, give it a shot.
Heehee, thanks for making it Tuesday!

kyung

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 09, 2006, 09:02:56 PM »
finally got around to checking readings for the first day and am missing summer already

for Civil Procedure 145 with Prof. Rowe, he says to pick up a packet from the distribution room -- what's the distribution room??  i'd hate to email Rowe to ask and already sound like an idiot
According to the orientation packet, the distribution room is room# 1312.  :)
DREWPIE, do you see any assignments yet for section 12? I couldn't find anything, but I'm wondering if I'm looking in the right places.

icf

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 09, 2006, 09:11:03 PM »
thanks kyung -- did the orientation packet come in the mail?  i haven't gotten it yet =(

moonpie

• Sr. Citizen
  • No it's not mexico
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 09, 2006, 09:27:59 PM »
we could meet at Maloney's, the westwood brewing company, or one of the hookah bars on westwood blv?

Let's do that Habibi's place at 7 on Tuesday?