Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: OFFICIAL UCLA C/O 2009 THREAD!  (Read 16121 times)

jenery

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: OFFICIAL UCLA C/O 2009 THREAD!
« Reply #190 on: August 08, 2006, 02:51:53 AM »
i was section 5 last year but we only had 8 sections total - i wonder if y'all's profs are different.

Sgee44

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sgee44
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 08, 2006, 03:53:48 AM »
Section 7 as well, living in Jacaranda.

Awesome!  Im living off campus . . .
LSAT: 171
G.P.A.: 3.3

Ylily

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 08, 2006, 11:51:35 AM »
Section 2!

Momo09

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 08, 2006, 03:11:36 PM »
The transcript question:  If URSA has not updated your transcript and you know for a fact is was sent over 1 week ago, the office likely have lost it.  I had the same problem in June.  The UG registrar lady personally walked the second copy over to Dodd and it showed in URSA within 1 hour.  Yes my first transcript copy was lost, but LS never admitted that was what happened.
Bruin once again.

moonpie

• Sr. Citizen
  • No it's not mexico
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 08, 2006, 03:46:02 PM »
section 12 here. that's an awful lot of sections?

pcv

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: August 08, 2006, 08:30:07 PM »
section 12 here. that's an awful lot of sections?

This year, sections 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12 have classes together for 2 classes as a big section and then we will have a class together with just our section.  I'm not sure how lawyering skills will comprise, since each lawyering skills class is even smaller than our #1-12 sections.

ashke14

• AOL Instant Messenger - Kalenedral14
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #196 on: August 08, 2006, 08:55:52 PM »
Nope, I'm stuck moving in on the 15th - gonna be hectic, having two days to get settled before orientation, but such is life.  See ya then!

jenery

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #197 on: August 08, 2006, 10:45:56 PM »
last year sections 5/6 had most of our classes together, except for civ pro which was just section 5 (about 40 people) and then they split it up more for law skills.  i think law skills was about 25 students per class.  the 'big' classes have about 80 people, i think it saves on classrooms and professors. 

i'm not sure how big the individual sections are this year. i'd guess around 28 if there are 340 incoming students total.  so it looks like the big class sizes will be about the same.  they can only fit so many students in some of the classrooms (like 1447/1457).

iqbal

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 08, 2006, 10:47:56 PM »
So at the risk of sounding incredibly lame, I am settled into westwood early next week and anyone else I know at UCLA doesn't get in till september. I'm told you need a certain level of liver/kidney damage to pass the bar in california, if anyone else will be in town.
Hey guys I just got in a few days ago! Count me in also.

moonpie

• Sr. Citizen
  • No it's not mexico
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 09, 2006, 09:29:20 AM »
Hey,
So everyone but Kyung is free by Sunday. *Glares* So if it works for everyone, i'd like to do Tuesday night, say 7. Iqbal chimed in--why doesn't he suggest somewhere we should go?

Also, I went to the John Wooden fitness center yesterday so I could buy a membership for the next two weeks and not get fat. It caused some cognitive dissonance because
A) The center is mostly on the quarter system, but we are not, so UCLAW actually has us listed for a fitness center membership for the entire summer quarter which runs till september 15th or whatever.
B) Our accounts can't support a second membership.
C) We aren't technically supposed to get in by virtue of being a student/having a bruin card unless we have paid our dues.
D) Yet, "we" have paid for a membership, so it doesn't matter if we paid our tuition or not.

In my case, they resolved this contradiction by issuing me a paper two-week pass, because they are nice people. I could see different ones being nasty about it and saying the opposite-that I couldn't use the gym at all until school started. So if you want to swing by and see what they can do for you, give it a shot.