Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: OFFICIAL UCLA C/O 2009 THREAD!  (Read 16171 times)

kyung

• View Profile
Re: OFFICIAL UCLA C/O 2009 THREAD!
« Reply #160 on: July 26, 2006, 10:17:29 PM »
Call me crazy, but I won't have a car during at least the first semester. It's why I'm trying to find a place where I can manage without a car (busline or walking distance). Thanks for your advice though! If anyone with a spare bedroom is looking for a roommate let me know! ;D

icf

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 27, 2006, 06:23:48 PM »
yeah, i also used westsiderentals.com.  the 60 bucks was definitely worth it (and believe me, i'm pretty cheap).  i tried just using craigslist and the ucla cho website, but nothing helped me as much as westsiderentals.com.

Momo09

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 28, 2006, 12:36:17 PM »
if you are willing, scooters are a great way to get around campus and the Westwood area.  UCLA is definitely scooter city.
Bruin once again.

jazmine

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 29, 2006, 06:38:03 PM »
eFANs came today
For how else can you capture a boogie
If you don't attack from the back
To the rear, march!

blockhead

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 30, 2006, 10:37:51 PM »
Hey Everyone,
I'm a late admit off the waitlist so I'm only now trying to scramble for housing.  I'm too late for the parking lottery so I need to find a place that is close enough to walk/bus to campus.  I've been reading the thread and intend to sign up for westsiderentals tomorrow, but any other suggestions for housing would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

pcv

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: July 31, 2006, 08:56:55 AM »
dailybruin.ucla.edu---look for the classified section
losangeles.craigslist.org---search for Westwood in apartment rentals
cho.ucla.edu---enter your UID and search for either sublets or apartments for rent

These three, and westsiderentals, seem to be the big sites.  If you are close enough to campus, you should definately go there and simply walk around Westwood and up and down Hilgard and call up every apartment complex (there are banners on each building) that you pass to see if there are vacancies.

icf

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 31, 2006, 11:29:49 PM »
are we required to take the Debt Management Session online?  I went to www.loans.ucla.edu and clicked to take the session.  After answering the first page of questions (Yes, No, No, Yes), it said that I don't have to complete it at this time.  Should I take it anyway?  Am i crazy?

Momo09

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 01, 2006, 02:56:58 PM »
fee can now be paid on URSA.  $12XXX for the fall semester.
Bruin once again.

pcv

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 02, 2006, 09:46:26 PM »
are we required to take the Debt Management Session online?  I went to www.loans.ucla.edu and clicked to take the session.  After answering the first page of questions (Yes, No, No, Yes), it said that I don't have to complete it at this time.  Should I take it anyway?  Am i crazy?

I'm having the same problem.  (Yes, no, no, yes) and they won't let me complete it...I called the Law Financial Aid office and they said that I should be able to do it.  Not sure what is going on, but I guess I'll have to make the trek from Weyburn tomorrow to physically check with the office.

icf

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 03, 2006, 05:27:13 PM »
just got off the phone with the financial aid office, and according to the woman i spoke with, we do not have to take that Debt Management Session.  She said that what we have to take is Entrance Counseling through the law school.

http://www.law.ucla.edu/home/index.asp?page=1519

And then click on Entrance/Exit Counseling

hopefully she gave me the right info and i won't get screwed come august 11