Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: OFFICIAL UCLA C/O 2009 THREAD!  (Read 16072 times)

Momo09

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: OFFICIAL UCLA C/O 2009 THREAD!
« Reply #140 on: July 15, 2006, 08:07:27 AM »
I think unfurnished means there is no furniture.

http://map.ais.ucla.edu/portal/site/UCLA/menuitem.789d0eb6c76e7ef0d66b02ddf848344a/?vgnextoid=5c13064a9a7d1010VgnVCM1000008f8443a4RCRD

there is an Ikea 20 minutes away to buy some disposable stuff once you get to L.A.
Bruin once again.

icf

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 15, 2006, 04:06:21 PM »
so, is anyone intending to actually pay the SBA dues?  i know 45 bucks isn't that much, but still. . . how important do you think it is to have "priority" locker assignment?

That depends. Do you want your locker to actually be in the law building?

Just a thought. :-)

~S

there are really lockers that are not inside the law building?  i guess i'm screwed, b/c i already mailed in that form saying i wasn't going to pay   :-[

jenery

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #142 on: July 15, 2006, 09:25:24 PM »
they're in the building next door, dodd hall.

veganchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 16, 2006, 07:20:15 PM »
thanks for the "hope" jenery  ;D... for those of us waitlisted  ::)
Pepperdine it is.  I'm a sucker for an ocean view.

jazmine

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 17, 2006, 02:00:54 PM »

Financial Aid Notifications (FAN's) for 2006-2007 will be sent out through July.

If anyone gets this info, can you please post that you got it?  i don't know about y'all, but it's kind of driving me batty not to have my loans in order. 
For how else can you capture a boogie
If you don't attack from the back
To the rear, march!

lawschool09

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 18, 2006, 02:18:01 AM »
I have a question about Weyburn apartments.  I know I have to provide my own bed, but I wondered if there was any furniture provided in the living room/dining areas, like chairs or tables.  I'm happy to buy a bed, but having to buy all those other things would be a pain in the butt, especially when it comes time to move...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey,

I just moved into Weyburn yesterday.  Even though the apartments are unfurnished they really are fantastic.  It is SO beautiful here and the location is awesome!  They provide you with blinds, microwave, oven, refrigerator, microwave, and thats about it.  There is no pantry and you have glass shower doors (in case you bring an unnecessary shower curtain).  The freezer is quite small...my roommate and I might get a small freezer off of craigslist.  Honestly, don't worry about the chairs and tables in the dining areas because the area is quite small in the 2 bedroom apartment.  I don't know if this is the case with the studio apartments and the townhouses.  You really don't have room for a big kitchen table.  The common room is pretty spacious and you have room for a nice TV, long table, and some comfy chairs.  Everything is carpeted except for the kitchen which has tiles and the bathroom which also does not have carpet.  Hope that this helps!!!  The rooms are somewhat small but the apartment complex is GORGEOUS and it's a really great deal.  I would live here all 3 years if we could!!! 

School is going to be amazing here!

icf

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 23, 2006, 03:59:58 AM »

Financial Aid Notifications (FAN's) for 2006-2007 will be sent out through July.

If anyone gets this info, can you please post that you got it?  i don't know about y'all, but it's kind of driving me batty not to have my loans in order. 

sooo, no eFANS yet??  anyone?  def. getting a little batty myself

pcv

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 24, 2006, 09:00:56 PM »
Zilch on financial aid as of yet.

However, I was originally on the wait list for Weyburn but I recieved an email today from housing with a offer of a spot in a Weyburn 2BR.  I took it, so I am excited that I don't have to wander around Westwood calling up a million brokers looking for a place to live.  So, there is still hope for anyone still on the Weyburn waitlist.

icf

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 24, 2006, 11:11:03 PM »
yeah, i also got that email. . . unfortunately, i already got an off campus apartment =(

any idea how to reject this offer?  or should i just not make the initial payment?  the only option i saw on the myHousing website was to make the payment.

Ylily

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 25, 2006, 01:24:47 AM »
I also got the email (for a 2BR) and was pretty surprised considering the fact that I'd been told by housing that the chances of getting housing at Weyburn through the lottery were slim to none.   ??? >:(

Hence, my getting an off campus apt. as well...

I'm getting antsy about the (lack of) eFANs as well.