Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: OFFICIAL UCLA C/O 2009 THREAD!  (Read 16034 times)

Momo09

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: OFFICIAL UCLA C/O 2009 THREAD!
« Reply #120 on: July 07, 2006, 03:21:10 AM »
You can also check URSA.  It's updated pretty quick, I think.
Bruin once again.

Sgee44

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sgee44
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 07, 2006, 09:05:35 PM »
Im so excited a finally found this site!!!  I just found out im in at UCLA 2 weeks ago . . . so I havent had much time to get acquainted with the rest of the UCLA Law crowd.  so . . .HI everyone!!!  i look forward to getting to know you all soon!

LSAT: 171
G.P.A.: 3.3

Momo09

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 07, 2006, 10:46:50 PM »
Im so excited a finally found this site!!!  I just found out im in at UCLA 2 weeks ago . . . so I havent had much time to get acquainted with the rest of the UCLA Law crowd.  so . . .HI everyone!!!  i look forward to getting to know you all soon!

Welcome.  Poeple don't seem to post much.  But I guess questions get answered. 
Bruin once again.

eclecticodoode

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 08, 2006, 05:09:38 AM »
Heidi Fleiss is from Beverly Hills (practically next door to campus), maybe you can find her and get hooked up?  ;D

Nah, I don't go for those sort of ladies. Besides, would you want to be the guy AFTER Charlie Sheen? I sure wouldn't. IMO, if there's ever a live action version of Family Guy, Charlie Sheen would be a shoe in for the role of Quagmire. Giggity, giggity, giggity!  ;)

jazmine

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 08, 2006, 12:09:53 PM »
This is the response I got when I emailed the financial aid office. 

Financial Aid Notifications (FAN's) for 2006-2007 will be sent out through July. You may view and accept your eFAN at https://www.fao.ucla.edu/myfao/. Please note that the only information on the FAN (outside of the Need Access grant and merit-based aid, which you should already know by then) is regarding loans. Please also note that we will be sure to provide you with enough federal and private loans to cover the cost of attendance (this includes living expenses, tuition, books etc.). The amount of federals loans you receive is generally the same across all schools, including UCLA School of Law. You will be offered at least $18,500 in federal Stafford loans (includes both subsidized and unsubsidized).

Application instructions in short:

Federal Loans:   

1.File a FAFSA no later than March 2, 2005.  You can do so by visiting       www.fafsa.ed.gov.  UCLA’s School Code is 001315.

2.Review and accept any offered federal loans you wish to receive on your FAN in order for them to be processed by the Financial Aid Office.

3.Complete the mandatory online entrance session at   www.accessgroup.org/counseling

Private Loans:

1.Review and accept any offered private loans you wish to receive on your FAN in order for them to be processed by the Financial Aid Office.

2.Compare the lenders and apply at www.collegelenderlist.com

For how else can you capture a boogie
If you don't attack from the back
To the rear, march!

saltpill

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 09, 2006, 08:11:36 AM »
This is the response I got when I emailed the financial aid office. 

Financial Aid Notifications (FAN's) for 2006-2007 will be sent out through July. You may view and accept your eFAN at https://www.fao.ucla.edu/myfao/. Please note that the only information on the FAN (outside of the Need Access grant and merit-based aid, which you should already know by then) is regarding loans. Please also note that we will be sure to provide you with enough federal and private loans to cover the cost of attendance (this includes living expenses, tuition, books etc.). The amount of federals loans you receive is generally the same across all schools, including UCLA School of Law. You will be offered at least $18,500 in federal Stafford loans (includes both subsidized and unsubsidized).

Application instructions in short:

Federal Loans:   

1.File a FAFSA no later than March 2, 2005.  You can do so by visiting       www.fafsa.ed.gov.  UCLA’s School Code is 001315.

2.Review and accept any offered federal loans you wish to receive on your FAN in order for them to be processed by the Financial Aid Office.

3.Complete the mandatory online entrance session at   www.accessgroup.org/counseling

Private Loans:

1.Review and accept any offered private loans you wish to receive on your FAN in order for them to be processed by the Financial Aid Office.

2.Compare the lenders and apply at www.collegelenderlist.com

thanks for sharing this info, jazmine!  I tried logging into this page and I couldnt get in... it said 'Please note that this application is for UCLA students only.' Is anyone else getting this?  (I can log in fine on the URSA page)

veganchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 09, 2006, 12:23:54 PM »
Hey There Lucky Ones!

When is your 2nd seat deposit due?  For those of us on the waitlist, I think we won't hear anything until after that date... ???

Thanks   8)
Pepperdine it is.  I'm a sucker for an ocean view.

Mimimimi

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 09, 2006, 01:28:40 PM »
Hey There Lucky Ones!

When is your 2nd seat deposit due?  For those of us on the waitlist, I think we won't hear anything until after that date... ???

Thanks   8)

Unless they changed from last year, UCLA actually doesn't require a seat deposit.  They have a really strict orientation policy where if you don't show up to the first day of orientation (which I believe is August 18) you are booted from the class.  So, a good number of people get in off the waitlist on the first day of orientation.  If you're really interested in UCLA I suggest you wait out the waitlist until then!  (I know, it's a pain)

Momo09

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 09, 2006, 02:35:53 PM »
Hey There Lucky Ones!

Thanks   8)

Unless they changed from last year, UCLA actually doesn't require a seat deposit.  They have a really strict orientation policy where if you don't show up to the first day of orientation (which I believe is August 18) you are booted from the class.  So, a good number of people get in off the waitlist on the first day of orientation.  If you're really interested in UCLA I suggest you wait out the waitlist until then!  (I know, it's a pain)

orientation is the 17th and 18th.  there is no deposite.
Bruin once again.

veganchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 10, 2006, 11:27:19 AM »
Thanks for the good info!   8)   Gives one an itsy bitsy ray of hope...
Pepperdine it is.  I'm a sucker for an ocean view.