Law School Discussion

OFFICIAL UCLA C/O 2009 THREAD!

jazmine

Re: OFFICIAL UCLA C/O 2009 THREAD!
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2006, 12:56:28 PM »
To everybody who visited and will be moving to go to school, how did you like Westwood?  What did you think of L.A. in general?

shae

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2006, 01:00:04 PM »
To everybody who visited and will be moving to go to school, how did you like Westwood?  What did you think of L.A. in general?

i like LA and westwood; which is why I'm going to UCLA.  I think it has been settled on antoher thread that you are either an LA or NYC person.  I hate NYC, but love LA; others like NYC and hate LA

Momo09

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2006, 01:40:34 PM »
I love LA.

I lived in different cities but always gravitated back to LA.

jazmine

« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2006, 02:28:10 PM »
I just checked out your pics, and they were gorgeous.  Kind of made me see Westwood in a better light.  That was some nice weather that day too. 

moonpie

• No it's not mexico
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2006, 05:38:48 PM »
So i'm dropping by the campus this weekend since i'm driving to studio city anyway, and have just thought about merchandising. Coming from a small LAC, the webstore made me feel like the tiniest of cogs in a giant degree mill. A few questions:

I know USAS has a campaign about the UC system not verifying their contractors for apparel, but does anyone know of any specific allegations of abuse?

I debated ordering a UCLA law hoodie. My girlfriend pointed out this would make me the biggest feminine hygiene product on the planet, and to just get a UCLA one. I'm prone to agree, but i'm interested in other's thoughts.

Given how evil maquiladoras are, not to mention the slave labor sweatshops hidden in LA county, i'm really tempted to just do my own logo on an American Apparel t-shirt. I'd just have to not wear it around their licensing department.

Obsessive

« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2006, 06:11:29 PM »
So i'm dropping by the campus this weekend since i'm driving to studio city anyway, and have just thought about merchandising. Coming from a small LAC, the webstore made me feel like the tiniest of cogs in a giant degree mill. A few questions:

I know USAS has a campaign about the UC system not verifying their contractors for apparel, but does anyone know of any specific allegations of abuse?

Wow, thanks for this bit of information, drepie.  This is definitely news to me!  I'm already intimidated by my peers!!!!

jazmine

« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2006, 06:55:42 PM »
I'm not sure, but I think they have a special section for sweatshop free clothing. 

shae

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2006, 07:02:10 PM »
I'm going to break the mold a bit - I LOVE both NYC and LA!

Westwood is really beautiful... a college-town feel but with lovely stores and restaurants, palm trees everywhere... of course sunshine.  Tree-covered streets full of lovely houses give it a very neighborhood-esque atmosphere.  You don't feel like you're in a big city in the bad ways, but of course you still have all the conveniences of a large metropolis.

I've found UCLA's part of LA to be really... perfect.  Beautiful Santa Monica is only a short drive away...  oh instead of carrying on rambling, here are some pictures I've taken of Westwood/the law school/Santa Monica/PCH.  Ignore my stupid captions.   ;)

http://columbia.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30488093&id=104864&l=b7f2d

great pictures

PromiscuousBoy

• That is all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2006, 12:47:26 PM »
I AM AN UNDERGRADUATE RIGHT NOW AT UCLA. IVE BEEN HERE LONGER THAN YOU PEOPLE HAVE. WE SHOULD LIKE HANG OUT OR SOMETHING.

moonpie

• No it's not mexico
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2006, 01:06:13 PM »
Any tips on getting housing within walking distance of campus?