Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: OFFICIAL UCLA C/O 2009 THREAD!  (Read 15872 times)

Momo09

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: OFFICIAL UCLA C/O 2009 THREAD!
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2006, 10:12:57 PM »
shae, have you seen this:

To assist admitted and current law students looking for a roommate within the law school community, the law school is providing a secure site where law students may exchange information.  If you are interested in participating, please click here.

from this website: http://www.law.ucla.edu/home/index.asp?page=1223

although, when i click on the "here" it tells me that i'm not authorized to view the page.  you could probably call the admissions office and see what's up.

You need to log into to the newly admitted students' using the login and password they send you with the acceptance email page and then click on the link for housing to get to the roommates section.
Bruin once again.

PromiscuousBoy

• Sr. Citizen
  • That is all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2006, 10:20:10 PM »
i actually go to UCLA, but i am an undergrad. it would be cool to hang out with 1Ls! i am done with LA (been here most of my life) and im ready for EAST COAST!!!!!! holla
\ so confused.

Momo09

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2006, 11:37:10 PM »
i actually go to UCLA, but i am an undergrad. it would be cool to hang out with 1Ls! i am done with LA (been here most of my life) and im ready for EAST COAST!!!!!! holla

Just wait till your first snow storm and having to dig your car out of 6 feet of snow. Want to live on the East Coast, better get some of these words into your vocabulary:

flurry
layering
black ice
frost bite
GoreTex
Bruin once again.

PromiscuousBoy

• Sr. Citizen
  • That is all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2006, 11:50:53 PM »
what the hell is goretex?
\ so confused.

Mimimimi

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2006, 02:51:28 AM »
Hey, congrats all you guys and welcome to UCLA (I am c/o 2008 procrastinating a bit on finals studying right now!)

ivywhore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2006, 03:55:45 AM »
see y'all in la wooohooo

icf

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2006, 09:27:36 AM »
You need to log into to the newly admitted students' using the login and password they send you with the acceptance email page and then click on the link for housing to get to the roommates section.

hah, that makes so much more sense, thx. 

any insight into the Community Housing Office??  I've been trying to check out the online database there and using my UID and PIN to sign into the UCLA Students section, but when I sign on, it tells me that I'm currently not a student.  I called the office and they told me that no access until I'm officially registered for classes.  As an admitted student, I have to fill out this form and pay 25 bucks to get access.  i know that's not that much, but still, wtf?  have other ppl been able to use that?

shae

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2006, 10:14:36 AM »

any insight into the Community Housing Office??  I've been trying to check out the online database there and using my UID and PIN to sign into the UCLA Students section, but when I sign on, it tells me that I'm currently not a student.  I called the office and they told me that no access until I'm officially registered for classes.  As an admitted student, I have to fill out this form and pay 25 bucks to get access.  i know that's not that much, but still, wtf?  have other ppl been able to use that?

i am going to wait to panic about where to live until they dont give me grad student housing- at that point i think i will kick the apartment search into high gear.

Momo09

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2006, 06:15:49 PM »

The Community Housing Office handles  university owned apartments, dorms, and I think even the Co-Ops.  At this point, I would think the Law School admissions Office would take care of us, so I would call Admissions Office first to see what they say. 

Bruin once again.

Deus Ex Machina

• Sr. Citizen
  • Magnus frater spectat te
    • View Profile
    • Take the Roger Water's Cynicism test!
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2006, 03:12:45 AM »
Got waitlisted last week at UCLA...but I am going to wait it out to the bitter end. I own a home in San Diego and my wife and daughter are staying in SD for work and school respectively. UCLA is the only top-notch law school within a two hour radius. I'm in at few other schools but at this point UCLA is the only realistic practical option for me considering my personal circumstances
Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos were lightning, then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armor and shouting 'All gods are bastards.'-T.Pratchett