Law School Discussion

OFFICIAL UCLA C/O 2009 THREAD!

Re: OFFICIAL UCLA C/O 2009 THREAD!
« Reply #150 on: July 25, 2006, 07:46:06 AM »
yeah, i also got that email. . . unfortunately, i already got an off campus apartment =(

any idea how to reject this offer?  or should i just not make the initial payment?  the only option i saw on the myHousing website was to make the payment.

To reject it, I think you go to "Accept your Weyburn Terrace Offer" (or something along those lines), then choose "View, Print, or Pay your Housing Offer" on the right-hand side. Log-in and there should be an option to choose that you do not wish to accept.

« Reply #151 on: July 25, 2006, 09:01:38 AM »
OK, I've been looking at this site for forever, but it's only my second post here. I'm shy. :) My first post was a hysterical LSAT related question a few days before the test. This post may end up equally lame because of the subject matter, but I just have to ask. Is anyone getting the UCLA meal plan? I don't cook, and I'd rather save money than spend it, but I don't know what would be the wiser choice. I've been out of college for awhile, so I can't even remember what I did for food back then. What do you think?

« Reply #152 on: July 25, 2006, 09:20:08 AM »
OK, I've been looking at this site for forever, but it's only my second post here. I'm shy. :) My first post was a hysterical LSAT related question a few days before the test. This post may end up equally lame because of the subject matter, but I just have to ask. Is anyone getting the UCLA meal plan? I don't cook, and I'd rather save money than spend it, but I don't know what would be the wiser choice. I've been out of college for awhile, so I can't even remember what I did for food back then. What do you think?

There is no meal plan for law students, as far as I know.

« Reply #153 on: July 25, 2006, 11:25:37 AM »
I'm pretty sure anyone can get a meal plan.  They have options for off campus residents at www.dining.ucla.edu.  But the dining halls are in the dorms, which are kind of far from the law building. 

« Reply #154 on: July 25, 2006, 11:29:01 AM »
If you live close to campus, Ralph's and Whole Foods are really close.  I'm not really into organic foods bc I'm broke so I've just been going to Ralphs.  I'm pretty sure that it is open 24 hours.  I also don't cook at all (I don't even think that I've opened the oven since I've moved to LA) and I've been managing.  Get a Ralph's card and you'll save some cash.  If you have a car and you can get into Costco then you are definitely set.   

Ylily

« Reply #155 on: July 25, 2006, 02:18:07 PM »
Yeah I don't know that a meal plan would be worth the money...also ask around to get an idea of whether the food is decent enough.
btw Are you korean, kyung?

Momo09

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 25, 2006, 10:19:04 PM »
When I was an UG student there many many years ago, the meal plans were quite expensive.  It's all you can eat at the dorm cafeterias, but in the early 90's it worked out to be $5-6 per meal.  You can definitely eat better and cheaper for that much money.  Besides, the LS is on the opposite end of the campus from the dorms and walking will easliy take 30 minutes.

« Reply #157 on: July 26, 2006, 11:41:38 AM »
Thanks for the info everyone! Yes, I am Korean. I just uploaded my photo on the profile. The tiny red smudge in the middle is me, on my last vacation to Tokyo. :D
A new question: Does anyone know anything about Strathmore Regency Apartments? I've checked their online site, but would like to know what local student opinion is like.

Momo09

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 26, 2006, 01:26:47 PM »
Thanks for the info everyone! Yes, I am Korean. I just uploaded my photo on the profile. The tiny red smudge in the middle is me, on my last vacation to Tokyo. :D
A new question: Does anyone know anything about Strathmore Regency Apartments? I've checked their online site, but would like to know what local student opinion is like.

make sure any apartment you get in Westwood comes with parking.  It's impossible otherwise to park on the street.  Strathmore and Landfair are busier streets than Kelton or Wayburn.  But try to look south of Wilshire or West of Sepulvada to get cheaper apartments instead of next to campus.

Ylily

« Reply #159 on: July 26, 2006, 08:05:33 PM »

Also, I would recommend westsiderentals.com if you're looking for apartments.  There's a $60 fee but you'll have access to a good list of availabilities.  I found my apt. on this site, near Wilshire.  It's close to a UCLA shuttle bus station that I plan on taking to the law school so that I don't have to drive.  Best of luck!