Law School Discussion

OFFICIAL UCLA C/O 2009 THREAD!

Re: OFFICIAL UCLA C/O 2009 THREAD!
« Reply #110 on: July 05, 2006, 07:27:41 PM »
Perhaps I should direct this question toward mimimimi: Are you in or do you know anyone in PILP at UCLA?  Any thoughts on the program?  From what I've read on the website it sounds interesting and I'm really excited to be in it.  I was wondering if it's well-funded and are students within the program generally cohesive?

I'm not in PILP but I have a couple friends in the program.  I am not really sure about the funding situation, however the program seems well run and definitely very cohesive.  I had a bit of contact with Cathy Mayorkas (PILP director) this year b/c of some volunteer work, and she's super nice and helpful.

Obsessive

« Reply #111 on: July 05, 2006, 10:59:24 PM »
Perhaps I should direct this question toward mimimimi: Are you in or do you know anyone in PILP at UCLA?  Any thoughts on the program?  From what I've read on the website it sounds interesting and I'm really excited to be in it.  I was wondering if it's well-funded and are students within the program generally cohesive?

I'm not in PILP but I have a couple friends in the program.  I am not really sure about the funding situation, however the program seems well run and definitely very cohesive.  I had a bit of contact with Cathy Mayorkas (PILP director) this year b/c of some volunteer work, and she's super nice and helpful.

Good to know.  Thanks!

« Reply #112 on: July 06, 2006, 04:41:43 PM »
why do we have to have a facebook? 

« Reply #113 on: July 06, 2006, 07:32:01 PM »
Poking wars? Everyone does it on facebook, right?  ;D

Momo09

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 06, 2006, 10:57:50 PM »
why do we have to have a facebook? 

Networking?

« Reply #115 on: July 06, 2006, 11:25:39 PM »
For 3Ls to find the cute 1Ls?   ;)

Actually, from all the stories I hear from 1L's, it's the other way around. The cute 1L will try to lure a 2L or 3L (usually 2L) in the hopes of getting an easy ride through law school. IMO, they (meaning the storytellers) seem really bitter. And I don't blame them! I'd be bitter too. I can't use my manly charms the same way a girl can use her womanly charms  >:( ::pouts::

Momo09

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 06, 2006, 11:43:51 PM »
For 3Ls to find the cute 1Ls?   ;)

Actually, from all the stories I hear from 1L's, it's the other way around. The cute 1L will try to lure a 2L or 3L (usually 2L) in the hopes of getting an easy ride through law school. IMO, they (meaning the storytellers) seem really bitter. And I don't blame them! I'd be bitter too. I can't use my manly charms the same way a girl can use her womanly charms  >:( ::pouts::

Heidi Fleiss is from Beverly Hills (practically next door to campus), maybe you can find her and get hooked up?  ;D

« Reply #117 on: July 07, 2006, 12:01:25 AM »
I received my preliminary award list from financial aid and am still awaiting the official one. I have checked myfao (fin aid site) but it does not indicate any award breakdown yet. My question is has anyone already received their official breakdown for financial aid yet from UCLA Law? I am getting worried because I have to apply for private loans.
Thanks in advance!!

Momo09

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 07, 2006, 12:05:45 AM »
I received my preliminary award list from financial aid and am still awaiting the official one. I have checked myfao (fin aid site) but it does not indicate any award breakdown yet. My question is has anyone already received their official breakdown for financial aid yet from UCLA Law? I am getting worried because I have to apply for private loans.
Thanks in advance!!

There is the FAFSA letter they mailed out a while back listing student/family contributions and aid eligible.  We are all still waiting for the Financial Aid Notification letter to lists what you get.  They have not done the FAN letters yet, as far as I know -- it was supposed to have been the end of June, but who knows..

« Reply #119 on: July 07, 2006, 12:18:59 AM »
Thanks for the quick response! I emailed the fin office and when and if I get any new info I'll be sure to keep this site updated.