Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: this sucks..Yale vs. NYU full ride  (Read 60391 times)

Ron Shivenstein

• SHIVENSTEIN!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: this sucks..Yale vs. NYU full ride
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2006, 06:28:36 PM »
if you are that smart, you should be able to make your own decision.

Wow! I can tell there is a lot of jealousy on this board. A decision can be tough for anyone, regardless of their level of intelligence.
LSAT: 177

VASSAR '05

ibroadrunr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2006, 06:32:07 PM »
No strings. I received a 177 and 3.95 from Vassar.

Just so you know, it's bad form to say you 'received' the 177 and 3.95.  Better something like: "I scored a 177 on the LSAT and earned a 3.95 at Vassar."

/ end tangent
Work, and a PT online MLIS.  Reapply down the line.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=ibroadrunr

bass

• Sr. Citizen
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2006, 06:34:07 PM »

Wow! I can tell there is a lot of jealousy on this board. A decision can be tough for anyone, regardless of their level of intelligence.

Ron!  GET A f-ing CLUE!!!

I, for one, am not the least bit jealous of you, and I still think that you are stupid to have posted as you did.  Sure, your numbers are better than mine, but it doesn't matter in the end, since my cycle has gone just swimmingly.

The reason people dislike your post is that you are as melodramtic as a 7 year old girl.  Yes, you have a legitimately difficult decision, and I think LSD is a fine place to talk that out.  But you hate your life?  Give me a f-ing break!  That is unbelievable!  The  thread is "this sucks."  HA!  Really sucks, feminine hygiene product.  You don't want to make the choice?  How about choosing between your current situation and being rejected everywhere but Cooley?

Man, Cooley makes life easy.

Get a clue.

Signed,
Jealous Poster
(Since there's obviously no other explanation, certainly none that doesn't say that you are an idiot)

Ron Shivenstein

• SHIVENSTEIN!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2006, 06:38:27 PM »
No strings. I received a 177 and 3.95 from Vassar.

Just so you know, it's bad form to say you 'received' the 177 and 3.95.  Better something like: "I scored a 177 on the LSAT and earned a 3.95 at Vassar."

/ end tangent

Actually, in this case it would not make a difference. The action of receiving a 177 did take place and refers to my LSAT score. Yes, I did earn a 3.95, but this is a matter of semantics. Read some Wittgenstein!!

VASSAR '05

burghblast

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tforsean
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2006, 06:47:05 PM »
I hate my life. Please leave some input on this decision. Thanks

-Shivenstein

Wait, which part of this sucks?  The fact that you were lucky enough to get into THE best law school in the country, or that you were also lucky enough to receive a full scholarship from one of the top 6 schools in the country, absolving yourself of the six-figures of debt most of your classmates will graduate with?

Oh wait, I see... it's the fact that you didn't also get a full ride from Yale, a school that offers no merit-based aid to anyone.

Agreed, your situation is pretty much hopeless.  At least you can take solace in the fact that you're not alone in your feelings, because pretty much everyone who reads this will hate you too.  Hopefully this validation will help dull the pain of your sucky life.

HTH!

Ron Shivenstein

• SHIVENSTEIN!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2006, 06:54:43 PM »
I hate my life. Please leave some input on this decision. Thanks

-Shivenstein

Wait, which part of this sucks?  The fact that you were lucky enough to get into THE best law school in the country, or that you were also lucky enough to receive a full scholarship from one of the top 6 schools in the country, absolving yourself of the six-figures of debt most of your classmates will graduate with?

Oh wait, I see... it's the fact that you didn't also get a full ride from Yale, a school that offers no merit-based aid to anyone.

Agreed, your situation is pretty much hopeless.  At least you can take solace in the fact that you're not alone in your feelings, because pretty much everyone who reads this will hate you too.  Hopefully this validation will help dull the pain of your sucky life.

HTH!

You look like a villian from the G.I. Joe cartoon. Thank you to those who have responded with helpful advice. Please keep it coming.

-Shivenstein

VASSAR '05

Ron Shivenstein

• SHIVENSTEIN!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2006, 06:56:19 PM »

I, for one, am not the least bit jealous of you, and I still think that you are stupid to have posted as you did.  Sure, your numbers are better than mine, but it doesn't matter in the end, since my cycle has gone just swimmingly.

The reason people dislike your post is that you are as melodramtic as a 7 year old girl.  Yes, you have a legitimately difficult decision, and I think LSD is a fine place to talk that out.  But you hate your life?  Give me a f-ing break!  That is unbelievable!  The  thread is "this sucks."  HA!  Really sucks, feminine hygiene product.  You don't want to make the choice?  How about choosing between your current situation and being rejected everywhere but Cooley?

Get a clue.

Signed,
Jealous Poster
(Since there's obviously no other explanation, certainly none that doesn't say that you are an idiot)

YOUR GREEN!!

VASSAR '05

Quintana

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2006, 07:05:09 PM »

Get a clue.

Signed,
Jealous Poster

YOUR GREEN!!

His green what?
Attending Brooklyn Law School

Ron Shivenstein

• SHIVENSTEIN!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2006, 07:08:18 PM »
His green what?
[/quote]

Is this guy serious? Anyway, is anyone on this board from the upstate NY area?

VASSAR '05

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2006, 07:10:17 PM »
Hmm...I'm going to give the OP the benifit of the doubt and say that he wasn't intentionally bragging and that he doesn't mean that it sucks to have gotten into these two great schools--it just sucks that the money has just complicated his decision.  Maybe we should lay off (if this really is the case?)
Columbia 3L