Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: this sucks..Yale vs. NYU full ride  (Read 60324 times)

trogdor

• Sr. Citizen
  • the BURNINATOR!
    • View Profile
    • LSN profile
Re: this sucks..Yale vs. NYU full ride
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2006, 10:48:05 AM »
i love how this thread is still active... what great entertainment.   :D
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." Orwell

nowayman

• Sr. Citizen
  • "No way, man." Phrase: to have disbelief.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2006, 12:08:04 PM »
OK I called it, I'm done with this thread.

I can search for "Jew" on Google images too.

Don't you ever call me a Jew again. Yes, that is my picture on google images, so what is your point? So what exactly did you call? I guess it's impossible to have a picture on google images...you got me.

-Shivenstein

For future reference,

The credited response would have been:  "I just liked the picture, moron.  Of course it's not me.  Do you think I'm stupid enough to actually post my own picture on an internet board?"

This is what we in the trolling business call a "Plausible Alternative."  When you have been discovered for what you are, due to the quick work of a Trollee that has too much time on their hands or your own near-sightedness, try to explain away the Trollee's proof by providing a situation or alternate cause to their accusations that is at least somewhat believable, failing to do so often results in an acute loss of credibility and trolltility.

Moreover an attack on one of their argument's assumptions is an easy way to strengthen the plausibility of your reply as the Trollee will be put on the defensive and focus more on the attack than the merit of your proposal.
Michigan, Class of 2008.5!

Mr. Pink

• LSD Obsessed
  • @#!* YOU! @#!* YOU! I'M f-in' DYING HERE! I'M FU
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2006, 12:10:36 PM »
OK I called it, I'm done with this thread.

I can search for "Jew" on Google images too.

Don't you ever call me a Jew again. Yes, that is my picture on google images, so what is your point? So what exactly did you call? I guess it's impossible to have a picture on google images...you got me.

-Shivenstein

For future reference,

The credited response would have been: "I just liked the picture, moron. Of course it's not me. Do you think I'm stupid enough to actually post my own picture on an internet board?"

This is what we in the trolling business call a "Plausible Alternative." When you have been discovered for what you are, due to the quick work of a Trollee that has too much time on their hands or your own near-sightedness, try to explain away the Trollee's proof by providing a situation or alternate cause to their accusations that is at least somewhat believable, failing to do so often results in an acute loss of credibility and trolltility.

Moreover an attack on one of their argument's assumptions is an easy way to strengthen the plausibility of your reply as the Trollee will be put on the defensive and focus more on the attack than the merit of your proposal.

Indeed.
Mr. White: Smoke?
Mr. Pink: I quit.
[later]
Mr. Pink: What, you got one?

nowayman

• Sr. Citizen
  • "No way, man." Phrase: to have disbelief.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2006, 12:13:05 PM »
Assuredly indubitable.
Michigan, Class of 2008.5!

NoPainNoGain

• My niece Layla
    • AOL Instant Messenger - isniffplaydo
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2006, 01:55:30 PM »
I think you need to visit each school and figure out what's most important to you:
1) no loans
2) what you want to do after ?... both schools have good loan repayment programs for non-profit work
3) whether you will hate New Haven "the city of elm trees" small college town atmosphere and love NYC's dirt or vice versa...

Do not ever say you hate your life though. We are lucky to have so many options in our lives.
By the way... CONGRATULATIONS.
Side-note:
Sat in on a Yale class that was amazing... NYU was too and they have a WAY MORE RELAXED atmosphere than Yale, and for me...diversity matters. Though no law school is "liberal" (hate the term) enough for me, NYU is touted as the most progressive of the upper tier schools. Though I dont buy it, at least they want to be progressive. =) Dont know about Yale though.
Me tutor You LSAT. Check out my ad: http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lss/121180555.html

JudgeCrater

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2006, 03:29:38 PM »
It seems to me that some of you will make poor attorneys.  Nothing in the OP's statements demonstrates by any stretch that the picture is not his own likeness.  Why not post your real picture?  How can that possibly expose you on an anonymous message board without additional information?  Also, why would someone go out of their way to use a phony picture that is not obviously a joke.  It's some dorky looking bearded guy for god-sake.  And to imply that the picture is a stereotypical "Jew" is absolutely anti-Semitic.  To think that and then search the word "Jew" on Google demonstrates inherent bigotry.

By the way, your scores, your grades and your law school matriculation does not assure you success in life or even in law.

bass

• Sr. Citizen
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2006, 03:46:31 PM »
It seems to me that some of you will make poor attorneys.  Nothing in the OP's statements demonstrates by any stretch that the picture is not his own likeness.  Why not post your real picture?  How can that possibly expose you on an anonymous message board without additional information?  Also, why would someone go out of their way to use a phony picture that is not obviously a joke.  It's some dorky looking bearded guy for god-sake.  And to imply that the picture is a stereotypical "Jew" is absolutely anti-Semitic.  To think that and then search the word "Jew" on Google demonstrates inherent bigotry.

By the way, your scores, your grades and your law school matriculation does not assure you success in life or even in law.

Hey Ron (Dunson?)

trogdor

• Sr. Citizen
  • the BURNINATOR!
    • View Profile
    • LSN profile
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2006, 03:49:50 PM »

I am having trouble deciding whether this post is even as legitimate as the OP..

hmmmmm......

probably is the op.   :D
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." Orwell

brooke

• Christo & Jeanne Claude's "The Crackers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2006, 03:59:54 PM »
JudgeCrater is hot.

JudgeCrater

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2006, 04:06:33 PM »
It's the speed with which you guys jump to illogical conclusions that strikes me as incongruous to your high test scores.  Lawyers really do not benefit from that kind of flawed thought process.  And no, I'm not the OP.  He's pathetic.  I'm also not Ron Dunson (whoever that is).  I'm just a lot older than you kids and am not quite as weighed down by the likes of your enormous egos.