Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Already decided and bored!  (Read 1989 times)

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
Already decided and bored!
« on: April 18, 2006, 05:11:26 PM »
I am really just bored with everything...finishing up and preparing to leave my firm, sick of looking for new apartments, tired of working on my resume, just everything.

I just want to have the next 4 months be over so I can start school.  I need some excitement!

Anyone else have the post-decision, pre-law school doldrums? ::)

jazmine

Re: Already decided and bored!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 05:21:34 PM »
YES!!! I made a great decision about what to do next with my life, made a plan, executed it, succeeded, and now...  I'm still here at work being the copy female dog etc.  I wish I could start law school tomorrow :)  However, I'm trying to make the rest of that time meaningful by working on a few projects, like a research paper on an area of law that I'm interested in, which may one day become a journal article.  I feel like the application process gave me so much momentum that I'm not ready to slow down and just wait.

mommaknockyouout

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 05:53:15 PM »
I can really understand you.  :-[
I went thru this same feeling not too long ago. I ended up picking up some hobbies. I became heavily involved in working out, bike riding and some other things.
I was in a terrible boring place and I had to shake things up or end up doing stupid things :-)
8 acceptances, 4 decline

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
too much work is poo

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 05:57:00 PM »
I was excited to find out that I got "promoted" from State to Regional director for the voter registration organization I volunteer for.  I now have 9 states to take care of and I will be getting paid a travel stipend for registering voters at 3 big music festivals this summer.  That's pretty cool, and should give me something to focus on once I start back to work for them on May 2.

phooey

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 01:10:33 PM »
Hey congrats..that should keep you occupied.  Seriously, I am SO ready to start lawschool.  I am BORED and in case you haven't noticed, I'm a tad neurotic, so bored is bad for me.

Luckily, I start school this summer (mid-June) so I don't have as long to wait as most.  I need to get a little vacation in or something.

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 01:33:03 PM »
(((Neuroses)))

Got to love us type-A law school people!

Dunson II

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 02:07:12 PM »
I'm already like this.

mr*mouth*piece

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2006, 07:37:38 PM »
I wish school started today.  I'm tired of the sleepless nights waiting for school to start.  Hopefully once its starts there will be good excitement for the entire 3 years
"If ones advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to lead the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours" - Henry Thoreau

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2006, 10:13:00 PM »
Go to school naked once a week to ensure that the excitement continues!

jazmine

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2006, 01:30:32 PM »
If you go naked once a week it might stop being exciting.  Instead, start off wearing a lot of clothes and gradually get closer and closer to being naked throughout the semester.  Then show up to the final completely nude.