Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSDAS and LOR  (Read 650 times)

Jmart603

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
LSDAS and LOR
« on: April 18, 2006, 03:50:00 PM »
I'll be sending out my apps in the sept. Im taking the June LSAT which i registered for on LSAC. I haven't registered for LSDAS yet though, but I was want to have my teachers send in my LOR's now, around the end of the semester. I've been able to add them to the LOR list and print out their specific forms. Can I just have them send in the letters now, or do I have to register for LSDAS first. I dont think I have to since I can imput the LOR info now but the reason I ask is because it seems like you need to reigster for LSDAS before sending your transcript (to get the request form). So can I just have them send them now or do i have to register?

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
Re: LSDAS and LOR
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 09:25:01 AM »
I have the same concern.  I'm pretty sure you have to register before they can send in LORs, because the forms should be specific to you.  I would register now just to be sure, becuase you're going to have to do it eventually and its better to be safe than sorry...
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

ibroadrunr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 09:42:43 AM »
Call or email LSAC and ask.
Work, and a PT online MLIS.  Reapply down the line.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=ibroadrunr

Jmart603

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 04:23:31 PM »
I have the same concern.  I'm pretty sure you have to register before they can send in LORs, because the forms should be specific to you.  I would register now just to be sure, becuase you're going to have to do it eventually and its better to be safe than sorry...

well, the form is specific to me. i'm registered with lsac...and on that you can click add recomender under the lsdas thing and fill it out and it prints out a form with your recommeders info on the bottom and your name, ssnumber, lsac number, and barcode, so it is specific to me..i think that as long as your registerned for lsac its fine because you dont have to go into lsdas to see them. but whatever, prob end up paying it now anyway, its 120 or whatever now or later so whats the difference

Jmart603

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 01:04:03 PM »
"Your letters will be held on file until you register."
response from email to lsac. guess there shouldnt be a problem then

Jmart603

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 12:40:48 AM »
didnt have to pay the 110 buck lsdas reg fee yet...had my first rec written and sent in. registered on my lsac account 6 days after put in mail (4 business days)..pretty good turnaround now...i'll just wait to pay that fee till i want to fill out my apps