Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LIBERAL LAW School???  (Read 1101 times)

Shepster

• I hate the law that's why I love law school!
    • View Profile
LIBERAL LAW School???
« on: January 22, 2004, 08:06:03 PM »
As a bleeding heart liberal who loves to be surrounded by the same, I'm looking for a liberal law school (sorry, not able to get into NYU if you know what I mean...).  Does anyone know which schools might be considered liberal (or how I can find out which schools are liberal)?  Ideally the school would be in the north east.  I'm currently enrolled at Florida Coastal School of Law and am looking to xfer.

Thx!!

hookem law

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: LIBERAL LAW School???
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2004, 09:09:07 PM »
I'm pretty sure that virtually every law school in the country is going to be 'liberal.'  Short of religious schools like Notre Dame or SMU, you won't find hanrdly any campuses that are not liberal.  Nearly all faculties are going to be liberal too, because that is how it is in academia.  Especially if you are looking in the NE, you will have NO problem finding a liberal school.

prelaw_undergrad

• View Profile
Re: LIBERAL LAW School???
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2004, 04:59:46 PM »
I don't know much about colleges in the NE, but I believe that you should see what journals/clubs that a certain college has to determine if it is liberal enough for you.

The only example I can offer is:

I want to study animal right's and domestic violence in law school, so I like Boalt Hall because that school has journals and clubs focusing on both topics.

I suggest you do the same:  see what extras a school has that interest you.