Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is there ANY hope left?  (Read 1589 times)

LawSchoolHopeful2009

• Sr. Citizen
  • make me "beautiful"...make me a perfect lie...
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Is there ANY hope left?
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2006, 02:43:19 PM »
Hey crossexam,

So this was how my letter went (I posted this in another topic):

1)X is my top choice- if admitted I will withdraw from other schools and immediately accept a seat at X.
2)Why do I love X so much? (Go into detail here- talk about specific classes/organizations/groups and how you will utilize them, etc)
3)I don't only plan to take but I will give- symbiotic relationship (you may not want to use the word "symbiotic" since i used it and it'll look fishy if joe happens to remember my letter). (How will your presence there benefit the school?)
4)Discuss anything new that wasn't addressed in your original application (i.e. won the Nobel Prize, rescued a cat from a burning tree, etc, etc)-specific accomplishments that will make your application stand out.
5)If there is any further info you need from me that would deem me worthy of admittance please don't hesitate to contact me.

This was basically how my letter went.
HTH and good luck.

muharulz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2006, 04:29:19 PM »
yeah, that sounds about how i wrote mine... although i didnt add anything new because there really isnt much else to add. its more like a supplemental to the intent essay we had to write and the personal statement.

crossexam21

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2006, 07:31:43 PM »
so...I'm having trouble getting this letter of continuing interest letter started...do you have suggestions?  I feel like I've bugged this guy enough and so I don't want him to start reading and roll his eyes or something...ha

LawSchoolHopeful2009

• Sr. Citizen
  • make me "beautiful"...make me a perfect lie...
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2006, 03:54:08 PM »
Hey so I just noticed on LSN that someone else who has been waiting about 5 months for Duq just got a decision today (unfortunately not a good one) so it looks like my theory of them sending out decisions before May 1st to full timers may just pan out so expect decisions this week guys. Good luck!

muharulz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2006, 04:29:12 PM »
that last rejection is very disappointing... she only has one point better than me and crossexam on the lsat.

if duquesne rejects me, im going to be incredibly pissed off.

esant

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2006, 09:28:37 AM »
i know that last rejection has me worried as well.. hopefully we all receive decisions this week.