Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Official I'm Going to USF Thread  (Read 3998 times)

toinore

• View Profile
Re: The Official I'm Going to USF Thread
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2006, 03:28:36 AM »
Well, as it turns out...I am NOT going to USF.  Just got called at Hastings.  Part of me was just hoping they wouldn't call...now I have to deal with everything all over again, but this time 2 days before classes start.  Good luck to you both!  Have a great time.

That's awesome.  Congratulations!  Hey, at least they are in the same city!

Thanks to you both!  And yes, thank goodness they are in the same city.  I don't know how people cope when they have to move across the country.  As if starting law school isn't stressful enough.

Briannon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2006, 03:39:23 AM »

I claim being too busy.  I bet Alan would be able to help, though.

Its really not that important - just one of those things that occured to me since I drank Vietnamese coffee with dinner and am therefore still awake and have a wandering mind...   

michelleinsea

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2006, 12:22:38 AM »
Just found out that I'll be at USF, too.  I was all aet to head to Boston and go to Northeastern, but I got called off the waitlist for the evening program, and I have family in SF, love the city, it's close to home (Seattle, for me), etc...so I decided to come! I'm a little bummed that after all of this I'll be in an evening program, but if you do okay it sounds like you can tranfer to the full time day and go during the 1L summer.

Briannon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2006, 01:44:44 AM »
Awesome Michelleinsea! San Francisco and Seattle have a lot of similarities (I did my undergrad in Olympia, WA).  4 days until orientation :)  I don't know for a fact, but I'm pretty sure at some on campus event I heard people discussing how people had moved from part time to full time. 

Briannon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2006, 12:51:36 AM »
Three days (2.5 really)!

I know!!!!  I am getting super nervous-excited in a really dorky way :)  I can't believe how fast this summer has gone... 

Briannon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2006, 01:41:20 PM »
I haven't finished packing yet.  I want to leave in 2.5 hours.  This is cutting it close.

Ouch!  Good luck with that - just see this as your chance to be an extreme minimalist and get rid of half your possessions :)  Are you taking a Uhaul?

I'm at work right now.  Friday was supposed to be my last day... sucks to be a perfectionist and a procrastinator...  :) 

Briannon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2006, 01:57:15 PM »
True, true.  I sincerely wish you the best of luck.  Moving absolutely sucks, as we have all agreed upon before.

Briannon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2006, 01:53:31 AM »
Yikes!!!  Hope you made it through the day alright.

Briannon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2006, 10:45:48 PM »
Congrats on finishing the move!

I went to get books today also.  Or rather attempt it.  Twice.  They told me they might have them in the afternoon delivery, but when I went back - no such luck.  They were very friendly though:)

I don't know where the orientation schedule is on the website- but in the packet it is on the bright yellow sheet.  In case you can't find it due to moving, I'll type it for you... I'll just relay section 1 info because if I recall correctly, that is your section.

Day 1
Section 1 will begin promptly at 12:30 in Room 100 Kendrick Hall with "JD Program Overview".  I am assuming you turn in your honor code, pick up your I.D., etc a little before that.

Then 2:30- 4:30 Tort Law Class

4:30-6:30 Meet with student leaders

6:30 Welcome & Dinner (provided by school)

I think we also get a little more detailed schedule on the first day of orientation because the subsequent days have sessions that don't specify which section they are for... but if you curious I can type more of the following days. 

Briannon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2006, 12:20:51 AM »
Yeah - I rushed to get there by 7 only to have my hopes and dreams crushed.  Ok, so it really wasn't that big a deal.  I did pick up my super cool ID today and had the tech center help me with my computer.  You ever get a backpack?