Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Official I'm Going to USF Thread  (Read 3979 times)

Briannon

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: The Official I'm Going to USF Thread
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2006, 05:10:25 PM »

I think I'm going with Tumi.  I'm at least going to see if they have anything that I want.  I don't want to carry a backpack unless I absolutely have to, which is why it's important that I get the books first so I know how much I have to take with me. Then I'll get a really big laptop bag.  I'll probably swing by the North Face store too to see what they offer.

I took my own "passport" sized photos (in my living room  ;)) and then them in.  It was a lkate Thursday night and I'm sure any neighbors that saw thought I was a crazy person.  I think I'm emailing that in tonight.

Whoa there fancy pants.  I had never heard of them before, but just looked them up.  North Face, good idea.   

I wonder what happened to our fellow USFers...

My ID photos ended up looking like normal ID photos, but I was amused by the possibility that people could send in pictures of themselves out at clubs, camping, etc.

Briannon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2006, 05:15:55 PM »
I had the same exact hesitation with any of those pictures.  But now we just outed our potential intentions on a public message board.  Oh well :)   

Briannon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2006, 05:24:27 PM »
That's it!  Throw caution to the wind!  I'll just step back and watch from the sidelines  ;)

I've been a pretty safe poster.  Though I did join your club a while ago.

Briannon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2006, 05:31:29 PM »
Yeah, maybe you can start one on campus.  I'm sure that would go over beautifully :D

Briannon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2006, 05:40:21 PM »
Good judgement call. 

toinore

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2006, 07:47:37 PM »
What section are guys in?  I'm in section 1.

I'm in section 2.  I love that Sec. 2 will be done with classes by 2 p.m. on Fridays.  You guys are way ahead of me in terms of preparation.  I still haven't figured out my living situation.  Or bought a laptop (the one I currently have is an old Mac)....or, really done much of anything. 

Did you guys see that you can buy books online?  Have either of you looked into it?

toinore

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2006, 08:05:38 PM »
I definitely feel your pain on the moving thing...except in my case it's "if I could only find a place to move into!"  I'm sure it will all work out.  Things usually do. 

It is pretty exciting though. 

Briannon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2006, 08:44:37 PM »
What section are guys in?  I'm in section 1.

I'm in section 2.  I love that Sec. 2 will be done with classes by 2 p.m. on Fridays.  You guys are way ahead of me in terms of preparation.  I still haven't figured out my living situation.  Or bought a laptop (the one I currently have is an old Mac)....or, really done much of anything. 

Did you guys see that you can buy books online?  Have either of you looked into it?

I haven't looked into buying books online either.  I didn't even notice that you could do that!  I may just swing by there on Monday of next week and pick them up. 

I too love that section 2 is done on Fridays by 2!  No matter how diligent I am, Friday afternoons I just start getting a little lackadaisical.

For the apartment search- are you trying to get a place alone, or did you use USF's roommate service?     

Briannon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2006, 12:36:41 PM »
Our school has 5 pilates classes and 11 yoga classes a week.  That is way more frequently than my gym.  Just thought I would share :)

Briannon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2006, 12:39:26 PM »
I'm having the same debate - thats why I was checking it out.  On the one hand it is free and seems to have comprehensive fitness offerings.  One the other hand, it will only perpetuate my living and breathing law school life.  And it might be a little far on the weekends...