Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Official I'm Going to USF Thread  (Read 3840 times)

Briannon

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: The Official I'm Going to USF Thread
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2006, 06:47:42 PM »
Mr. Maps.  That is your new name.  Does your mom live in the richmond?

Briannon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2006, 06:51:42 PM »
Richmond is really busy as far as parking goes.  At least the areas right off of Geary and Clement in the inner richmond.  Then again, I don't really go there in the morning, just weekends - so it may be more calm then.  I like russian hill - lots of cute places.  Do you have any friends going to USF also?

Briannon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2006, 07:12:51 PM »
It's always busy...it's just about the dedication.  I think getting the visitor parking pass is a way better idea anyway.

The visitor pass as in a daily $15 one???

toinore

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2006, 04:31:00 PM »
The competition for cheap apartments in SF is pretty crazy.  Where are you moving from toinore?

I know!  It seems like every time I call someone about a place, it is already gone.  I am moving up from Santa Cruz.  Not too far, but I don't have a car, so that makes things a little more difficult.

Towelie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2006, 05:33:14 PM »
You guys should change your name  ;)  Everytime I see this thread I think it's the Penn one!
Penn Law '09

toinore

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2006, 06:35:32 PM »
The competition for cheap apartments in SF is pretty crazy.  Where are you moving from toinore?

I know!  It seems like every time I call someone about a place, it is already gone.  I am moving up from Santa Cruz.  Not too far, but I don't have a car, so that makes things a little more difficult.

Might as well have to stand in the doorway with a sword.  When are you trying to move up?

Well, my lease is up Aug 1, but if I don't find a place by then I will leave my stuff at my boyfriends house...and probably come up to the city and crash at a friends place so that I can be the first in line at all of these open houses.

I agree that the requirements for securing a lease seem like a bit of overkill.  Last time I lived in SF I don't remember it being that bad...but, I guess I got the place through word of mouth, so that is always a lot easier.  I actually saw a place listed that had a 3 hour window of time in which you had to call, receive an appointment, arrive at the place and go through the open house.  They said that if you called before the 3 hours you would be automatically disqualified...very odd.

Briannon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2006, 03:22:41 PM »
I'm in section 2.  A week and a couple days to go!  Everyone get their moving done?

Briannon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2006, 08:57:18 PM »
If by moving you mean packing and if by done you mean started, then yes.   ;D

Haha-  good luck!  I'm excited - I actually got a parking pass for on campus! 

Briannon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2006, 04:30:25 PM »
And the bright side of your late move is that you missed the wretched "break a sweat just sitting there even though it is San Francisco" heat wave.  Are you getting any kind of a break before school?

Briannon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2006, 04:53:31 PM »
I'm spending Monday doing errands (one of which is getting books and id.)  I also need a laptop bag, a neighborhood parking permit, and maybe some miscellaneous shopping in Union Sq.

Did you email them a pic?  I felt kinda silly posing for an ID picture in my living room, but thought it would be easier than making it on campus.  I need a laptop bag also... any particular stores you are planning on checking?  I know there are a lot online, but I kind of want to see it in real life.  I was guessing probably regular old computer/office stores have them, but haven't the selections yet.