Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone in the Duquesne Class of 2009?  (Read 246 times)

LawSchoolHopeful2009

• Sr. Citizen
  • make me "beautiful"...make me a perfect lie...
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Anyone in the Duquesne Class of 2009?
« on: April 17, 2006, 03:55:06 PM »
Hey all,

So I just got my acceptance last Friday (definitely a Good Friday ;)) and I have already decided I will be attending come Fall. Just wanted to see if anyone is still waiting on Duquesne and if they hear good news from Duquesne will definitely be attending; or if anyone has already heard from Duquesne and they're >75% sure they will be attending. I just wanted to get peoples thoughts on the school/Pittsburgh and why they'll be attending. Also, has anyone heard anything about an Admitted Students Day? I've seen some schools with ASD's in late April so I figured it wasn't too late to have one. Does anyone have any potential housing options? I'm trying to get the best feedback as to the best place to live in Pittsburgh, preferably with other Duquesne students. So come in and drop a line!

P.S. I've probably posted something to this effect on the Students and Grad Duquesne board so post where you please!

LawSchoolHopeful2009

• Sr. Citizen
  • make me "beautiful"...make me a perfect lie...
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Anyone in the Duquesne Class of 2009?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 12:09:14 AM »
Hey guys,

So I went ahead and created a Duq Myspace group so if you're headed to Duq this fall please join! This way we can have an official meet and greet with each other since, to my knowledge, we won't be having an actual admitted students day event. Later!
http://groups.myspace.com/duquesnelaw09

crossexam21

• View Profile
Re: Anyone in the Duquesne Class of 2009?
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 08:35:13 AM »
I am still waiting on Duquesne...unfortunately. If accepted, I will most likely attend, unless Penn State Dickinson pulls some miracle and admits me from the waitlist.

I hope that you're excited to be going to a school that has only received accolades in the past few years.  Their facilities are very nice and the people are friendly. 

As far as housing goes, I'm not too familiar, as I already stated that my fate with Duquesne is a big question right not, but I would advise you to email Joe Campion, Director of Admissions.  He knows of some good housing areas in Pitt you might want to check out when you go to the Accepted Students Day.

Hopefully I'll be joining you in the fall...but right now, my hopes are not too high...I should have heard something by now...if only I would have scored one point higher on that damn LSAT!