Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: CUNY Fall 2006 thread  (Read 9460 times)

SaTaNBuGG

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: CUNY Fall 2006 thread
« Reply #100 on: June 13, 2006, 01:50:50 PM »
Hey everyone.  Hope eveyone is doing well.  Seem like a few have already made their way to NYC (Welcome!) and other are on their way.  Congrats to all. 

I decide to withdraw from CUNY and will attend Rutgers-Newark, Unless i get good money from BLS or Fordham. I know its a CUNY thread but you all are cool so I decided to share.

As you said Butch, time IS flying.  At first I could wait til first day of class but now I want time to slow down a bit.  Havent had a chance to enjoy the weather yet. 

Catamount, welcome to NYC.  While you're exporing Queens, dont forget to stop by Roosevelt Ave between 74th and Junction Blvd.  You'll feel like you are in Latin America.  Foods from all over South and Central America.  If you want some recommendations let me know.

A month and a half left.  Enjoy it.

Butch

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 13, 2006, 06:56:18 PM »
Catamount - I haven't spent much time in Flushing, but wanna familiarize myself with the area before school. I guess I'll have a chance to do that during the Summer Law Institute, though. Maybe we can meet up for dinner or a beer sometime.

Flushing does feel like another world, though. It definitely doesn't feel like NYC. It's so non-urban in so many ways.

MeowMix - Let me know if you need any more tips on apartments, etc. Rutgers-Newark is a good school. (I might transfer there 2L, maybe...). My partner just graduated from Rutgers-Newark in Dec. She passed both NY and NJ bar and is working in a firm. She loves being a lawyer and she really loved Rutgers.

Make sure you get "lava fries" at McGovern's Pub across the street from Rutgers. They're damn good!

nemo

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 14, 2006, 08:11:39 AM »
Same deal -- still waiting for a decision from CUNY.
I mean, come on! when can we expect our decisions?

Butch

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 14, 2006, 02:14:05 PM »
Catamount - I got my Yaris.  A liftback. It was the only one in teh tri-state area, so I snagged it up. VERY CUTE. And, 40 miles per gallon baby!

Nemo - Sorry you're still waiting. Maybe you should call and ask.

I'm still waiting for my financial aid award letter.

Butch

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 14, 2006, 06:46:52 PM »
do you have internet at home yet, catamount? 

do you have roomies?  how is the living situation going? you seem to be enjoying yourself!

my fave little spots are:

DoJo - great for a cheap yummy meal. all the nyu kids go there
Rainbow Falafel - best around, imo. it's off of union square on 17th. cheap too
Belgium Beer Bar - a hip place on W 4th to have a great import and chill
Sylvia's- in Harlem on Lenox off of 125th. Awesome soul food.
Big Daddy's Diner - on Park near 20th. Standard diner kitsch - fun.
Angelika's Kitchen - it's vegan (and I am not) but i just like it a lot

Ok, that's just a few.

Butch

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 14, 2006, 07:22:02 PM »
I know CUNY provides case books and stuff to all students...but, do they provide hornbooks and case summary books too? Anyone know?

Butch

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 19, 2006, 05:11:53 PM »
hornbooks and case summary books are study aids. one provides briefs of the cases and it's keyed to specific textbooks. the other provides an outline for each course and goes over the major topics, issues, etc for it.

Lionel Hutz

• Sr. Citizen
  • aka Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
    • smarter
« Reply #107 on: June 27, 2006, 04:06:26 PM »
Greetings CUNYians. Over in the St. John's thread there has been some discussion of a Queens get together. Those other buroughs think they're so great. We'll show them.

I was thinking perhaps next weekend. PM me, let me know if you're innarested.
Don't touch my stuff!...Hey this isn't the YMCA!

SJU 09

nemo

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 28, 2006, 03:11:30 PM »
Guys and Gals --
Since I'm STILL waiting for a decision from CUNY, should I sign the Master Promissory Note for the other school that accepted me (they said I have to do it within the next 15 days)

catamountnyc2006

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: July 05, 2006, 01:09:55 PM »
hi folks, its lee... i keep forgetting my password, so here is my 4th to date! anyways, the start of school is almost at our doorstep. for those of you enrolled in the summer law institute, you only have a couple of weeks! if anyone reads this in coming weeks, and would like to have a little informal gathering over drinks/munchies, let me know. i don't log into this site as much as i used to, so email me at lee.stetson@gmail.com if you are interested. i know i spoke to a couple of you about this, but this summer is a busy time and its hard to organize people in this period of transition.

I'm starting a thread in the current student board...

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/students/index.php/topic,4754.0.html