Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UC DAVIS HERE I COME!  (Read 2028 times)

saradylan3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: UC DAVIS HERE I COME!
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2006, 11:10:12 PM »
one bummer fact about the bus system in Davis- apparently the bus system is only free for undergrads, grad/professional students have to pay $1 each ride. I'm sure there is a much cheaper pass you can buy. I have also heard that if you have an on-campus parking permit you can ride the buses for free. anyways, what caligal said is absolutely true...nothing is Davis can really be considered too far. Eastlake and the Willows seem to be two of the "quieter" complexes (but not too near campus). A lot of the complexes near campus have the reputation of being "the sophomore dorms" or party complexes. Good luck apartment hunting! I found Craigslist (Sacramento, housing, search: Davis), apartmentratings.com, and Davis Wiki to be the most helpful. If you have any further questions feel free to private message me or email me!!! See everybody in August! (I'm soooo excited!) ;D ;D ;D

hbkromeo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2006, 07:47:47 PM »
Hello future Aggies.  I was an undergrad there for four years so if you have any specific questions about the campus and the town, feel free to PM me.  I second caligal and implore you to find housing NOW.

nyy

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2006, 07:59:49 PM »
Just curious, has anyone received any financial aid package yet? I filled out my FAFSA and Need Access App a while ago. I'm pretty sure it is still too early for this but I was just wondering.

caligal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2006, 08:25:04 PM »
no financial aid package yet...they said at admitted students day that it would probably be mid-May before they were sent out.  so a few more weeks then!

tiburon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2006, 12:30:49 AM »
Delurking to say that I too will be attending King Hall. I currently live in Davis, but not originally with the intention of going to school here. Getting accepted was a very happy circumstance.

No part of Davis is very far from the campus, and the bike paths keep you off most of the major streets if you want to bike to campus. I notice a lot of students seem to take the bus, and I've heard that the system is good.

As a non-trad with a small child, I can provide information about finding daycare, kid activities, etc. for anybody else who might also have children.

saradylan3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2006, 12:25:08 PM »
See you there Tiburon!

nesnut

• Sr. Citizen
  • Law School is thiiiiiiiis big!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2006, 12:26:48 PM »
I'm stoked about Davis- my friend goes there, and she LOVES it- good times, great quality of life, excellent professors... I'm excited
- P-dub Club: Minister of Entertainment & Recreation
 - Keeper of the Konami Code
 - Co-Founder & Supreme Chancellor: Kick Ass 80s Law Firm: The Law Offices of KTJA & Nesnut,  APC
 - Official Rant-Master of LSD
 - Head of Harem (per Lily)
 - Official Purveyor of Soup of the Revolution

pleaseacceptme24

• MSN Messenger - hosamghaith@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2006, 12:01:56 AM »
Damn you're all renting places there already? I live on the other side of the globe and won't be able to come to Davis before August! Looks like I'm going to be living on the street for 1L :-\

saradylan3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2006, 01:27:28 AM »
Damn you're all renting places there already? I live on the other side of the globe and won't be able to come to Davis before August! Looks like I'm going to be living on the street for 1L :-\

davis is actually a REALLY safe town...oooh and the streets are super clean, nice parks with plenty of benches!!! see street living won't be sooo bad! ;) no, but seriously though, I'm sure you'll be fine. I'm just one of those crazy-anal-everything-has-to-be-organized-and-finalized-twelve-billion-years-in-advance sort of people. In fact, I'm already packed up for the move and I don't move up there until July 5th  :-\

AFever

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2006, 05:37:06 PM »
Its actually easy to find housing anytime because there are soooo many apartment complexes here, but you might have to live with people you don't know which could be scary if they turn out to be non-stop partiers and you're trying to study.

Apartment complexes to stay away from if you're looking for quiet/nonundergrad housing:
Fountain Circle (Where I live, next to the marketplace, it is along the G bus line which runs the most often, every 15 minutes I think. However, people here, including me, are pretty loud and there are often large parties on the weekend.)
Same general deal for the Lexington and Arlington farm apartments.

But if you need info, look here:
http://www.daviswiki.org/Apartments

The wiki has allllll sorts of stuff about Davis, I mostly use it to figure out if food places are still open when I get late night cravings though. :)