Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: USC Ding  (Read 11847 times)

maybe2007

• Sr. Citizen
  • Doesn't get any better than early 90s tv
    • View Profile
Re: USC Ding
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2007, 10:25:28 AM »
Actually...I wasn't rejected from USC, I was rejected from BOALT.  Well that one I def saw.  Turns out my mom isn't very good at differentiating between Cali schools or remembering their names.  False alarm, the USC dings have not begun. 
In: RU-C($), Loyola, Nova, Temple ($$), AU, Emory, WUSTL ($$), NDLS ($$), Wake, Case, GULC (PT), Fordham, Cardozo, Mason (PT)
WL/Def: NU, Duke, UVA, W&L, UVA, BC
Out: UMich, NYU, Boalt, UC-Davis, HLS, UofChicago, Columbia, UWash

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=maybe2007

prelaw200

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2007, 05:27:07 PM »
Me Go Cornell

Quail!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2007, 09:32:17 PM »
Do any USC dings want to share numbers?

I went complete pretty late at USC because my dean took forever to get a letter to them explaining an academic probation that isn't even on my record, but I wanted to disclose anyway.

So I'm getting a little paranoid, but still hoping for the best

duchovnysfan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2007, 01:36:04 AM »
Decided to resurrect this thread.  I got my USC ding sometime last week.  It went to my permanent address...very sad.

Sadness, the rejection letter you got was on my birthday :( I applied to USC as well, I sense a rejection in the very near future.
Going to the big dance (accepted):
Not going to the big dance (rejected): Southwestern, McGeorge - University of the Pacific, GW, Loyola, USD, USC
Bubble teams (WL/Deferred):Whittier
Crowding around TV for Selection show (pending): UCLA, Pepperdine

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2007, 07:36:30 PM »

I went complete pretty late at USC because my dean took forever to get a letter to them explaining an academic probation that isn't even on my record, but I wanted to disclose anyway.

yeah i didn't realize i had to do this ... usc's was one of the last apps i did, i guess i just rushed ... anyways i got a complete notice a few weeks ago, so i guess they are getting ready to reject me...
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

Quail!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2007, 07:48:28 PM »

yeah i didn't realize i had to do this ... usc's was one of the last apps i did, i guess i just rushed ... anyways i got a complete notice a few weeks ago, so i guess they are getting ready to reject me...

Looking at my LSN I realized I made a mistake...I didn't go complete until 2/15, and got the acceptance on 3/2.  Personally, I think you're gonna get in so don't fret!  Your GPA rocks mine, and it's not like you did pitifully on the LSAT...you're on the high end of "in range" on lsatreport.com (87/100).  You'll be fine!

A side note, I'm gonna be in Ithaca this weekend, what's the snow situation right now?

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2007, 07:52:10 PM »
oh we are covered in it, but it doesn't look like there is much new stuff coming so the roads should be fine.  According to my weather widget it is actually supposed to be above freezing on saturday and sunday so it will probably be pretty enjoyable (and blinding if the sun is out).  But definitely nice enough to stroll around collegetown ... though you need not go any further than Collegetown bagels...
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

Quail!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2007, 07:54:25 PM »
oh we are covered in it, but it doesn't look like there is much new stuff coming so the roads should be fine.  According to my weather widget it is actually supposed to be above freezing on saturday and sunday so it will probably be pretty enjoyable (and blinding if the sun is out).  But definitely nice enough to stroll around collegetown ... though you need not go any further than Collegetown bagels...

Sweet. I'm driving in from Illinois, so the roads are my primary concern.  It's been ass-cold here for a while so the actual weather won't really bother me.  I'm excited! (But not for the 12-15 hour drive, which I'm doing alone)

CougMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2007, 12:26:49 PM »
Dinged at USC. I don't suppose many USC dings get good news from UCLA, so this is in some ways a double ding.

somethingwitty

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2007, 01:43:14 PM »
Dinged at USC. I don't suppose many USC dings get good news from UCLA, so this is in some ways a double ding.

if it makes you feel any better, my tour guide at ucla told us that he didn't get into usc...