Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: T14s, Minority Student Days, Statistics, and You  (Read 1088 times)

TheFool08

• View Profile
    • The Official Website of Brian J. Leung
    • Email
T14s, Minority Student Days, Statistics, and You
« on: April 15, 2006, 11:35:48 AM »
For those of you who attend, applied to, or will attend a top-14 school, I'm curious to know whether your school (which school?) had a Minority Admitted Students Days of any sort.  I'm also curious to know what the schedule was like, and whether this had any impact (good or bad) on your decision-making process.  Lastly, I'd be interested in knowing the racial/ethnic breakdown of your school.  Thanks!
2L:  University of Virginia School of Law

TheFool08

• View Profile
    • The Official Website of Brian J. Leung
    • Email
Re: T14s, Minority Student Days, Statistics, and You
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 01:49:01 AM »
No one has any opinion?  At all?

What about if you were to attend one of these, what sort of programs / events would you be looking for?
2L:  University of Virginia School of Law

2Lacoste

• Sr. Citizen
  • Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 02:05:22 AM »
Went to one at Stanford.  Was cool overall but ended up being duplicated throughout the remainder of the weekend.  Also unfortunately ossified the minority students as one group making it harder to branch out and make friends with the other admits (because we were already secure with each other and had formed bonds and our own internal jokes/references/plans).

Went to an informal one of sorts at Harvard.  It helped a ton to see what the minority community was about, how tight knit they were, what their resources were, and meet other minority applicants that I have remained good friends with.

They have their plusses and minuses.  Overall they weren't bad.
Mets will take the NL Pennant.

ivywhore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 04:37:12 AM »
minority my ass ::)