Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law School in New Jersey (Rutgers Newark, Seton Hall, Rutgers Camden)  (Read 2599 times)

brooke

• Christo & Jeanne Claude's "The Crackers"
    • View Profile
Re: Law School in New Jersey (Rutgers Newark, Seton Hall, Rutgers Camden)
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2006, 07:11:36 PM »
Ah, ok, yesh, I see how that is a possible conclusion.  :)  However, I'm still waiting to see some proof on which of the Jersey schools is better on landing a job in NYC (besides the crap that USNWR spits out - I discount most of that).  I'm bent on believing that SHU is just as good as RU-N or even RU-C in the NYC market...
*mumbling* maybe that's because I'm leaning towards going to SHU myself.  Teehee.

sbr224

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2006, 12:06:20 AM »
look at nalp numbers, too, and word of mouth from lawyers. don't worry, SHU is a decent school and there isn't MUCH difference b/w RU-N and SHU, imo. both of us are stuck in the tri-state area after graduation, though. i have no probs with that.

dmo630

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2006, 11:51:47 AM »
bump

PaddyWack

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2006, 12:36:11 PM »
Nice bump.

I'd like to hear more on the lack of class rankings in RU-N, if anyone can comment knowledgeably.  Who am I kidding?  Juicy speculation is also welcome. 

I had no idea this was the case and when I accepted, and it only makes me more excited to go.  I'm inclined to believe that the policy goes a long way towards relieving tensions, anxiety and unnecessary competitiveness between classmates.

Can anyone comment on RU-N grading curves (after all, SOME competition is necessary)?

sbr224

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2006, 01:33:18 PM »
i think it's a b or b+ curve, forgot which one. you can also get a "bump" from a professor, like a b to a b+ if you excel in class participation/know your stuff. it's not as competitive as other schools but that doesn't say much. this is all info i got from a current RU-N student.

another interesting thing is that they have 2 semesters of law writing or whatever, which is good for anyone going into litigation.

looking at the comments from the link below , i would assume that a) there is a bucket ranking, like you are in top 10%, 25% etc. and b) there is a b curve, if a b+ or above average is considered solid.

http://www.vault.com/graddegree/school/school_main.jsp?program_id=2713&type=3&co_page=5&ch_id=351

Pythagoras

• Sr. Citizen
  • ĦEn Mexique!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2006, 04:16:43 PM »
You should prob. go to Rutgers-Newark.  I know the are leaves a lot to be desired (I used to go to school across the street) but you don't have to live there and it's a great school for getting a NJ job.  If you do really well, there no reason you can't do BIGlaw in NYC.

And yes, certain parts of Newark are dangerous but not as much as most parts of Camden.
ATTENDING: Columbia

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=pythagoras22

"Ponme la mano aqui, macorina.  Ponme la mano aqui."

Autumn

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2006, 04:24:46 PM »
I'm not going to Seton Hall, but I was accepted there and visited the campus. I had never been to New Jersey/Newark before, so I was a bit turned off by the city, but the building at Seton Hall was really nice and everyone seemed friendly. I contemplated going there, and the main reason I didn't is price. I don't know about the other schools though so I can't compare them.

rider06

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2006, 11:59:40 PM »
I'm not going to Seton Hall, but I was accepted there and visited the campus. I had never been to New Jersey/Newark before, so I was a bit turned off by the city, but the building at Seton Hall was really nice and everyone seemed friendly. I contemplated going there, and the main reason I didn't is price. I don't know about the other schools though so I can't compare them.

its funny how everyone who has never visited NJ always thinks it sucks based on newark...no wonder this state is the butt of all jokes in the US  ;D

it's all good though...we are crowded enough as it is...we dont need any more residents here anyway  :P

Mr. Pink

• LSD Obsessed
  • @#!* YOU! @#!* YOU! I'M f-in' DYING HERE! I'M FU
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2006, 12:20:27 AM »
I like this thread
Mr. White: Smoke?
Mr. Pink: I quit.
[later]
Mr. Pink: What, you got one?

maxisNE0

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2006, 11:51:12 AM »
i hear it is hard to get into ru-n if you graduated rutgers.. is this true?

also, did anyone whose app was placed on hold hear yet???

I hear that they are going out soon...  i'm still waiting ...
damn waitlists..