Law School Discussion

Anyone know someone who used Botox?

HippieLawChick

• Current 2L
    • View Profile
Anyone know someone who used Botox?
« on: April 14, 2006, 10:36:41 PM »
Last admission cycle has left me with little wrinkles on my forehead fromfrowning too much.  I wonder if I should get it botoxed.  I don't know anyone who has done this, but I would love to hear any info anyone has. 

(See, I AM old!!!!!)

Cree83

• henry
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone know someone who used Botox?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 10:38:48 PM »
a woman who works at my office has done it.  she said it did make a nice difference, but ultimately wasn't really worth the money.  she doesn't do it anymore.

dbgirl

• View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 10:44:05 PM »
I live in CA so there's a lot of botox out here.
I have had botox injections for migraine management, but not for cosmetic purposes.
If I had $$ I'd do it -- although I don't have a lof of wrinkles, I'm just vain.

I think sometimes the botox looks a little harsh -- it probably depends on who does it. They also have this stuff called restalyne (sp?) but I think it's more for laugh lines than for forehead lines.

HippieLawChick

• Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 11:34:17 PM »
Thanks for the info. I really don't have the $$$ to do it, but if I was 100% sure I would look dazzling, I would kick down for it.  I have been a little bit of a weirdo about worrying about that kind of thing since i turned 30.

cyberrev

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2006, 09:01:04 AM »
i think i'd avoid injecting poison into my face.  geez, it's bad enough naturally!  ;D

dbgirl

• View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2006, 05:26:42 PM »
Well botox has medical purposes too.
When I got the botox for headaches it helped, so I didn't care if it was poison. If it's not dangerous then why not?

veg

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2006, 05:34:47 PM »
Well botox has medical purposes too.
When I got the botox for headaches it helped, so I didn't care if it was poison. If it's not dangerous then why not?

I heard about this use on NPR one day, and suggested it to my mother. She gets awful migraines, and not infrequently either. How effective is it?

dbgirl

• View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2006, 06:25:56 PM »
My migraines come in the back of my head and the botox was shot into my neck to keep the muscles from spasming. It helped a lot. You're neck feels a little numb, but it's better than it hurting.

veg

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2006, 07:30:10 PM »
How often do you get the botox? Like, is it preventative, or used as a treatment?

dbgirl

• View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2006, 07:34:18 PM »
I haven't gotten the headaches as much the past couple of years and I switched doctors so I don't really get the botox anymore, but the injections lasted for a few months. They're intended to prevent the spasming that comes with the headaches (a major problem for me), I didn't go to the doc to treat a specific headache (they were almost daily), I went when the botox started to wear off.
Wow, thinking about headaches makes my head hurt (seriously!)