Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone know someone who used Botox?  (Read 253 times)

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
Anyone know someone who used Botox?
« on: April 15, 2006, 12:36:41 AM »
Last admission cycle has left me with little wrinkles on my forehead fromfrowning too much.  I wonder if I should get it botoxed.  I don't know anyone who has done this, but I would love to hear any info anyone has. 

(See, I AM old!!!!!)

Cree83

• Sr. Citizen
  • henry
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone know someone who used Botox?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 12:38:48 AM »
a woman who works at my office has done it.  she said it did make a nice difference, but ultimately wasn't really worth the money.  she doesn't do it anymore.
She said "love, love, love is all that matters"
I said "sure, I guess, whatever"
She said "what does that mean"
I said "nothin, it's just good to have a backup plan"

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 12:44:05 AM »
I live in CA so there's a lot of botox out here.
I have had botox injections for migraine management, but not for cosmetic purposes.
If I had $$ I'd do it -- although I don't have a lof of wrinkles, I'm just vain.

I think sometimes the botox looks a little harsh -- it probably depends on who does it. They also have this stuff called restalyne (sp?) but I think it's more for laugh lines than for forehead lines.

When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 01:34:17 AM »
Thanks for the info. I really don't have the $$$ to do it, but if I was 100% sure I would look dazzling, I would kick down for it.  I have been a little bit of a weirdo about worrying about that kind of thing since i turned 30.

cyberrev

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2006, 11:01:04 AM »
i think i'd avoid injecting poison into my face.  geez, it's bad enough naturally!  ;D

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2006, 07:26:42 PM »
Well botox has medical purposes too.
When I got the botox for headaches it helped, so I didn't care if it was poison. If it's not dangerous then why not?
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

veg

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2006, 07:34:47 PM »
Well botox has medical purposes too.
When I got the botox for headaches it helped, so I didn't care if it was poison. If it's not dangerous then why not?

I heard about this use on NPR one day, and suggested it to my mother. She gets awful migraines, and not infrequently either. How effective is it?

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2006, 08:25:56 PM »
My migraines come in the back of my head and the botox was shot into my neck to keep the muscles from spasming. It helped a lot. You're neck feels a little numb, but it's better than it hurting.

-TMcGraw

veg

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2006, 09:30:10 PM »
How often do you get the botox? Like, is it preventative, or used as a treatment?

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2006, 09:34:18 PM »
I haven't gotten the headaches as much the past couple of years and I switched doctors so I don't really get the botox anymore, but the injections lasted for a few months. They're intended to prevent the spasming that comes with the headaches (a major problem for me), I didn't go to the doc to treat a specific headache (they were almost daily), I went when the botox started to wear off.
Wow, thinking about headaches makes my head hurt (seriously!)

-TMcGraw