Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: CLS class of 2009  (Read 47645 times)

Steve.jd

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'm edumacated now, still not photogenic though
    • View Profile
Re: CLS class of 2009
« Reply #550 on: July 06, 2006, 04:45:24 PM »
I also went with Citiassist (Harvard version - not sure which one is better)
HLS '09

SouthSide

• Sr. Citizen
  • Full speed ahead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 07, 2006, 04:11:37 AM »
Alright, demingh!! You made the right choice. Welcome aboard!
Columbia 2L.

Resident CLS Troll

« Reply #552 on: July 07, 2006, 06:16:13 PM »
I want to hear lots of (only positive) stories about housing and classes and bars and profs and lectures over the next year though!!!! I know everyone will have lots of time on their hands to keep writing on this board next year!

we'll make sure to keep you up to date.  ;)

twocents

• View Profile
Orientation Dates?
« Reply #553 on: July 08, 2006, 03:14:32 AM »
Hey All,

Haven't checked this board in a long time.  Looking forward to our rapidly approaching meeting date. 

I was scanning the Columbia Bulletin Board we were emailed a while ago.  I was surprised to read a post by Tope Yusuf (who seems to know what's going on) that unofficial orientation stuff starts as early as the 7th?!

I'm not sure what the distiction between official and unofficial orientation is, and maybe i just missed the email that explained the schedule.  (I always took orientation as the time when everyone shows up and meets each other) Regardless, I wanted to let everyone on this board know what's up. (And I apologize if this has already been discussed, or even more so if it's simply not true.)

It's just something else to consider as you're doing movein dates and whatnot.  My dates are already set for the tenth. 

Can someone in the states confirm when we need to be at school for those of us who are abroad?

That's just my two cents.

Subveni_Mihi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #554 on: July 08, 2006, 12:56:03 PM »
I think the distinction between the unofficial and official is that we're expected to be there for the latter.  My take is that the stuff the have planned from the 7th to whenever the official orientation begins will be informal activities in order to begin greasing the wheels of social interaction.  Don't think that you'll be missing out on anything important.

Pythagoras

• Sr. Citizen
  • ĦEn Mexique!
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: July 10, 2006, 10:43:58 PM »
Has anyone been up to see their assigned apartments yet?  I made an appointment to
see mine tomorrow.  I've been told I have no elevator.  How fun for me.  :-[
ATTENDING: Columbia

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=pythagoras22

"Ponme la mano aqui, macorina.  Ponme la mano aqui."

fainana

• Sr. Citizen
  • :)
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #556 on: July 10, 2006, 11:12:07 PM »
I'm in California, so no way to see my apartment, but I'm lucky enough to have one elevator for 72 apartments in my building (that was sarcasm). Does anyone know when the orientation stuff is supposed to be online? I called a few weeks ago and they said soon, and there's a link on the current students' webpage that says orientation 2006 but we haven't been given usernames and passwords in order to access it.

ghaleon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 11, 2006, 01:59:52 PM »
for lots of orientation info, check your cubmail. it points you to an orientation website.

Has anyone been able to access that website though? When I try to view it, logged in as "Admit", it says I don't have access to that page.  ???
CLS'09

lau

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: July 11, 2006, 03:18:56 PM »
CLS '09.
LSN

fainana

• Sr. Citizen
  • :)
    • View Profile