Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: CLS class of 2009  (Read 47673 times)

orlando jackson

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: CLS class of 2009
« Reply #530 on: July 01, 2006, 10:50:01 PM »
so i just got an email saying that my housing application has been approved, but its not actually my assignment.  did you guys get these too?  how long ago?  i applied on time, so i'm confused about why i don't have my assignment yet.

lau

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 01, 2006, 11:27:09 PM »
Hurrah I got mine! I'm on Claremont. woot woot!
CLS '09.
LSN

ghaleon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 02, 2006, 01:29:36 AM »
Looks like I'm the first in Lenfest. You guys that got in 420 116th are lucky... I put that down as my first choice.
CLS'09

SouthSide

• Sr. Citizen
  • Full speed ahead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 02, 2006, 08:24:21 AM »
Yeah, I'm jealous of y'all that got the 116th Street housing, Stanley and CLS09er. That's what I requested, due to my total laziness. It's funny, I got my assignment a week ahead of you, but I didn't get my requested place and you guys did. Talk about random.

Oh well, the long walks every morning will do me good.
Columbia 2L.

SouthSide

• Sr. Citizen
  • Full speed ahead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 02, 2006, 08:43:51 AM »
I'm moving in on August 10. My choices were August 10 or August 11, so not a lot of leeway.

Are those apartments on 116th Street furnished? Mine is not, which adds another layer of complexity/expense to the moving process.

Columbia 2L.

SouthSide

• Sr. Citizen
  • Full speed ahead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 02, 2006, 08:49:09 AM »
Well, I think you're the big winner. That, to me, would be the most desirable housing by far. Got to go for now.

Columbia 2L.

Subveni_Mihi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #536 on: July 02, 2006, 09:06:20 AM »
yes, it does come furnished, though i'm not sure exactly what's included or what condition it's in.

According to the housing website, furnished apartments come w/ a twin size bed (full size for one bedrooms), a desk w/ chair, a dresser, and lamp for the bedroom.  In the living/dining room, you get a couch and chair(s).  In the eating area, you receive a table w/ chairs.  I have a problem opposite in nature to everyone in an unfurnished apt....I have a sweet bedroom and living room set from Pottery Barn, yet no place to put it....tear.

Subveni_Mihi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #537 on: July 02, 2006, 09:13:14 AM »
yes, it does come furnished, though i'm not sure exactly what's included or what condition it's in.

According to the housing website, furnished apartments come w/ a twin size bed (full size for one bedrooms), a desk w/ chair, a dresser, and lamp for the bedroom.  In the living/dining room, you get a couch and chair(s).  In the eating area, you receive a table w/ chairs.  I have a problem opposite in nature to everyone in an unfurnished apt....I have a sweet bedroom and living room set from Pottery Barn, yet no place to put it....tear.

wait, a full size bed even for couples housing?

that doesn't sound right.

Something tells me that full size beds will be (sadly) proportional to the size of the bedrooms we'll be receiving- you could probably fit a queen, but at the expense of anything else!

fainana

• Sr. Citizen
  • :)
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #538 on: July 02, 2006, 02:48:57 PM »
Does the website say what kind of furniture there is in an efficiency unit? I asked for couples housing, so it wouldn't make much sense for it to be a twin bed, right? I wish it was next week already so I could pester the housing people with my questions.

ghaleon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: July 02, 2006, 04:55:22 PM »
Speaking of bed size, I was just very happy to find on Lenfest's website that almost every room in Lenfest has a queen size bed. Woo hoo!
CLS'09