Law School Discussion

CLS class of 2009

Pythagoras

• ĦEn Mexique!
    • View Profile
Re: CLS class of 2009
« Reply #570 on: July 25, 2006, 03:29:20 PM »
Does anyone know something concrete about some online thing we have to complete to get our federal loans?  I´m still in Mexico and am hopelessly out of the loop as I´ve yet to find a connection that will allow me to log in to the law website for more info.

I think there´s a August 1st deadline. 

fainana

• :)
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #571 on: July 25, 2006, 04:31:21 PM »
Yeah, you have to go to the financial aid section of the current students website and do an entrance loan counseling thing. Its actually pretty helpful because they make you write down all the  money you have and divide by months to give you a budget. The deadline is August 1st, and it takes a little over half an hour to complete.

« Reply #572 on: July 26, 2006, 12:00:18 AM »
Also, you don't *really* have to fill in all those numbers in order to complete the entrance interview thingy.  Just saying.

kina

« Reply #573 on: July 26, 2006, 11:36:11 AM »
Hey all... any recs for renter's insurance providers?  Also, does anyone know offhand if you can sign up for the payment plan (tuition) after we've received our finaid disbursements?

Pythagoras

• ĦEn Mexique!
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: July 26, 2006, 01:18:50 PM »
Yeah, you have to go to the financial aid section of the current students website and do an entrance loan counseling thing. Its actually pretty helpful because they make you write down all the  money you have and divide by months to give you a budget. The deadline is August 1st, and it takes a little over half an hour to complete.

Thanks for the info.  I emailed them and they said to make sure that I do it as soon as I get back.

« Reply #575 on: July 29, 2006, 08:23:07 AM »
did you guys ever fill out the "grant data sheet"?  it looks like it might take a while.

fainana

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #576 on: July 29, 2006, 10:43:17 PM »
the what? where do you get a copy of that?

« Reply #577 on: July 30, 2006, 12:20:58 AM »
the what? where do you get a copy of that?

the financial aid office sent me an email a week or so ago reminding me of a few things i had to do.  one of them was something called a grant data sheet asking for all sorts of biographical information.  its because of the small scholarship that they gave me i think, so probably not everyone has to fill one out.  i just really don't want to fill it all out and am wondering if everyone else has done it.

fainana

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #578 on: July 30, 2006, 11:12:11 PM »
I got a scholarship grant, I wonder if I somehow just missed that sheet. I think I'll call tomorrow to see if its necessary and if it can wait till I get there at the end of this week (Eek!).

SouthSide

• Full speed ahead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: July 31, 2006, 02:03:12 AM »
I got a scholarship grant, I wonder if I somehow just missed that sheet. I think I'll call tomorrow to see if its necessary and if it can wait till I get there at the end of this week (Eek!).

It's in your Columbia email. I hadn't really been checking that yet, so I'm glad I noticed it on this thread. One more thing to do ...