Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: To call or not to call?  (Read 299 times)

iyl

• View Profile
To call or not to call?
« on: April 14, 2006, 04:23:31 PM »
My mom's coworker used to work for the UC Davis admissions office. I'm still waiting to hear back from UCD, and she suggested that I call them and tell them that they're my #1, I really want to go to their school, etc etc. She says that a simple phone call like this could help my application b/c it shows i'm interested or whatever. But I'm kinda hesitant because they might think the opposite and just think I'm annoying and impatient and that I should wait like everyone else. Do these phone calls work or is she just BSing? With the volume of applications these days, I would think they would discourage candidates from calling their office. Any thoughts?

wowand135

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers
    • Email
Re: To call or not to call?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 04:24:50 PM »
I emailed at one point and the response was just wait. Since they review apps. in random order I dont know if it would help, but probably won't hurt. I just got in less than two weeks ago.

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 04:27:17 PM »
Call.  Just once. 

If they are considering WLing you, letting them know now that you will go there if accepted means a lot. 

Krisace

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 08:06:39 PM »
I would absolutely call.  As a current UCD law student and one who calls admitted students to see if they have any questions about the program, I have come to realize that being a relatively small school, the admissions office might have more of an ear to lend studnets who have applied than other larger law schools.  It sure won't hurt, and there's ABSOLUTELY no way they would look down upon a student who did so as long as it was tactfully done.  Good luck!