Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: stanford  (Read 13297 times)

ibroadrunr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: stanford
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2006, 01:11:38 PM »
Who knows?  I would say don't get your hopes up.  I am making plans to attend NYU but if Faye Deal calls me I'll have a tough decision to make.  But she won't so I'm not sweating it.

On a side note, I got a German department award at my school and I was also named valedictorian of my college.  How should I go about adding this information to my file?  Any thoughts?

You could probably just send a brief email.  Congrats, btw.
Work, and a PT online MLIS.  Reapply down the line.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=ibroadrunr

ibroadrunr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2006, 01:51:24 PM »
Who knows?  I would say don't get your hopes up.  I am making plans to attend NYU but if Faye Deal calls me I'll have a tough decision to make.  But she won't so I'm not sweating it.

On a side note, I got a German department award at my school and I was also named valedictorian of my college.  How should I go about adding this information to my file?  Any thoughts?

You could probably just send a brief email.  Congrats, btw.

Thanks.  So what are your plans if the WL's don't pan out?  I'm surprised you turned down UVA's offer.

Reapply to Yale in the fall, work something activisty, maybe take the GRE.

It was hard to turn down UVa, but I think it's the best choice for me/now.
Work, and a PT online MLIS.  Reapply down the line.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=ibroadrunr

uncommon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2006, 04:25:17 PM »
Any one have an educated/uneducated guess about when they'll start letting in off the wait list?  Last year's LSN breakdown doesn't seem to follow their decision process this year, which had more wait listed folks with higher index numbers. 

thenextstep

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2006, 06:09:18 PM »
I predict that next week or so we'll see some movement.  However it doesn't look like from LSN last year they go too far onto their waitlist.  Maybe this is because they know a good percentage of admits won't come (because they get pulled to H, Y or places with lots of scholarship) so they overadmit?  Not sure but it seems like they know what they are doing.  Anyway I expect someone to hear next week.

Kikimukluk

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2006, 07:07:23 PM »
Seat deposits were due on May 1st...just trying to be helpful ;)

as436

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2006, 07:59:33 PM »
Seat deposits were due on May 1st...just trying to be helpful ;)

when is the 2nd deposit due
ann arbor or palo alto next year.. cu in school biatches

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=as436

http://cornell.facebook.com/profile.php?id=403139 - send me a message if you are going to UMich next year

clairel

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago 3L
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2006, 09:36:06 PM »
grrrrr.....i guess i won't freak out over the waitlist yet since no one seems to have gotten in. i'm headed to chicago if stanford doesn't pan out, but i want to practice in california so stanford is my first choice until chicago starts demanding huge quantities of money. also, my mom and granddad went to stanford for undergrad; i stuck them in my letter of continuing interest in case it makes any difference at all, which is probably doubtful at this point.

good luck to everyone!

bluestapler

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2006, 09:09:18 PM »
grrrrr.....i guess i won't freak out over the waitlist yet since no one seems to have gotten in. i'm headed to chicago if stanford doesn't pan out, but i want to practice in california so stanford is my first choice until chicago starts demanding huge quantities of money. also, my mom and granddad went to stanford for undergrad; i stuck them in my letter of continuing interest in case it makes any difference at all, which is probably doubtful at this point.

good luck to everyone!

wow, its frustrating to see that (at least from this list and LSN) stanford has not given out any wait list admissions...anyone have inside knowledge on what's going on with them? any predictions on when they might start calling?

clairel

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago 3L
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2006, 03:17:21 PM »

bloomich

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2006, 04:58:56 PM »
lol.. thanks... i don't think so.. im going to try to give it some thought over this next week... but i've grown pretty set on yale...