Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Rudest Admissions Offices  (Read 3961 times)

decisiontime

• View Profile
Re: Rudest Admissions Offices
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2006, 05:21:04 PM »
However, I think American wins. I went on their tour/info session last year and asked a couple of questions about law school etc. The admissions officer said if I had a lot of questions then I should be asking myself if law school is for me. Well, I'm glad I decided l.s. is for me and I got into thirteen. I didn't even bother to apply there but a friend of mine had a very horrible experience with that office too. I think they know people want to go there because it's in D.C.....that office is attitude personified...

It may not be a bad idea for US News to publish the rudest admission office after every cycle.
[/quote]

wow -- i hope you gave him/her some lip for that...
[/quote]

More than lip.....I wrote a very nice letter a few weeks ago saying I took her advice and it landed me in several great schools (I also sent a copy to the dean of admissions). I went on to list all schools and stress how I got into top10schools. At the end, I thanked her for her statement and said it did influence my decision to go to law school. My letter was rude but I think well deserved. Hopefully, she won't make such a statement to any prospective student ever again.

Pmass322

• AOL Instant Messenger - Da10ispro322
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2006, 06:18:54 PM »
To give a view of the opposite end, Washington & Lee's admissions staff is top-notch.  I haven't heard a single complaint, and they've made me feel like the king of France.  I'd probably be going there even if their admissions staff was so-so, but they've really been a nice layer of creamy icing on a delicious chocolate cake. 

W&L's admissions office is awesome.  All the students I talked to said practically the entire administration is just as great as admissions. 

Also, Cardozo's dean of admissions is a really nice guy.
W&L Law Class of 2009

Here's how my admission cycle went:
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Pmass322

Cpac

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2006, 06:22:56 PM »
Fordham wasn't per say rude to me, but when I went to visit they made me feel like they didn't care if I was even there or not. They gave me a sheet for a self-guided tour, and I had to wander around Manhattan trying to find their law school building. The first time I found it the security guard wouldn't let me in to see the school! I had to go find the admission office (in another building), get the piece of paper that said "self-guided tour" before going back to the law school and being let in.

Also W&L has an awesome admission office, they always were really nice.