Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: TULANE LAW SCHOOL THREAD  (Read 34464 times)

nolalove

• View Profile
Re: TULANE LAW SCHOOL THREAD
« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2006, 10:10:11 PM »
cheesesteak-- babies shouldn't do bucket bongs = hilarious.

cheesesteak

« Reply #91 on: April 25, 2006, 10:14:48 PM »
Finally someone else got it!

ivywhore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 26, 2006, 02:54:24 AM »
Damn.  Tulane must be offering you tons of money!  Congratulations. 

Why do you say that?

JamesD

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 26, 2006, 03:00:54 AM »
High numbers.  168/3.85... or something like that. I thought I saw her LSN profile...

nolalove

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 26, 2006, 10:36:11 AM »
Thanks! I feel blessed and lucky. My sister lives in New Orleans and I went to undergrad there, so I love the city. Before I really knew anything (such as my LSAT score) I wanted to go to Tulane. After the hurricane, I wanted to go more.

nolalove

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 26, 2006, 10:57:09 AM »
. . .although i hardly feel like i stand out. . .available LSNs on people going to Tulane are awesome, plus some really interesting/amazing life experience stuff. seriously, y'all, i'm looking forward to going to school with some smart, interesting and friendly people  ;D   

Also wanted to say one more thing regarding housing: the housing list up on the Tulane law school websites includes houses that aren't listed to the general public yet (the landlords want law students living there, i guess), so the turnover on those is slower. Also my sister just got rented a three bedroom apartment in new orleans by hiring a real estate broker who went to open houses for her and faxed her the lease and credit check. She got a really nice place (at least in the pictures!).

legallydrunk

• AOL Instant Messenger - buck2481
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - buck241981
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 26, 2006, 12:33:43 PM »
Congrats Nolalove, we need more people like you going to Tulane. I had a long discussion this past weekend with family members about the school and we think that the positive attitude of the students is what will carry the day when it is all said and done. A school is nothing more or less than the people who attend. When I come back to town I am sure I will run into you at Brunos, Fat Harrys, Phillips, or The Red Eye...I will be the guy passed out at the bar.

JamesD

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 26, 2006, 12:45:46 PM »
All you Tulane people seem awesome.  I think that next year's class at Tulane is going to be a great group of kids--- lots of idealists who are going there, not in spite of, but because of the situation in New Orleans. 

I already want to visit....

bloodbath

« Reply #98 on: April 26, 2006, 04:51:06 PM »
I'm booking a trip to find housing/sign a lease for the upcoming year.
Looking for a 2 bedroom in the 1100-1500 range w/yard.
I'll be in town the week of the 15th of May, anyone gonna be around that time of the month and want to meet up with a future classmate? Also, anyone know how many days I should to budget to get a good look around? I'm figuring on staying five to six days...what do you guys think? 

nolalove

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 27, 2006, 11:42:32 AM »
I just decided that I'm going to work in New orleans for the summer, so I'll be there starting late May/ early June. Anyone else working in nola for the summer?

re: housing
I'd say 5-6 days is good, if you make some appointments before you arrive and you can start seeing houses right away. It took us two days to sign our lease because they had to run the credit check and we had to get a money order (from an out of town bank). So even if you find a great house on day 4, you'll want some time to sign the lease.