Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: TULANE LAW SCHOOL THREAD  (Read 35045 times)

imago

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: TULANE LAW SCHOOL THREAD
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2006, 04:37:25 PM »
Congratulations to everyone on their Tulane acceptances/decisions.

I, however, am one of the unfortunate 100 people who was waitlisted. Can anyone tell me when Tulane's first seat deposit is/was due?

Postmarked by 4/15.

Hedley Lamarr

• Sr. Citizen
  • What in the wide, wide world of sports is agoin on
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2006, 04:58:28 PM »
Has any one started looking for apartments?
Well, I'd love to stay and chat, but you're a total female dog

What are ya a bunch of Kansas City faggots

ladymuscadet

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2006, 05:23:48 PM »
Sent in the full $1000 seat deposit, and am officially TLS Class of 2009!

I can't help but roll my eyes at some of the negative comments from people who clearly do not know anything about New Orleans. "Upperclass university suburbs"??? I'm sorry, where are these? Because I've lived here for years and the closest suburbs are a good 20 minute drive from the university. And the area around the university campus isn't upperclass and bland. Like the rest of the city, it is completely checkerboard--upper and lower class neighborhoods side by side, and New Orleans couldn't be bland if it tried. Let's not forget that the French Quarter is unscathed.

Bonkers--one of my close friends who is also going to attend TLS this fall is going to live with her boyfriend on the West Bank. The two of you are much braver than I when it comes to that commute but your rent is a steal!

bloodbath

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2006, 05:38:45 PM »
RE: working out...anyone get a chance to check out the reily center? is it decent? Indoor pool, track, nice(relatively new) free weights/hammer strength machines and elipticals/treadmills? Or anyone have a good private gym to recco? I'm an early riser and plan on doing a 5:00am or so daily workout as well bonkers, maybe we could be workout buddies :)

joespecial

« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2006, 05:41:19 PM »

Ever

« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2006, 07:29:24 PM »
ladymuscadet - Did you go to the March 17th student day? Your avatar looks very familiar.

bamabanana

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2006, 12:44:54 AM »
No need to feel offended or to be defensive. I am merely saying that there are serious concerns about the future of NOLA and Tulane. I am deciding between UCLA and Tulane. I like the school but am uncertain about its future strength.

Ever

« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2006, 12:50:49 AM »
I'm not sure why you would worry about the school itself - I can see being worried about the city.

bamabanana

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2006, 02:25:17 AM »
The future of the two are strongly intertwined. The decline of one will inevitably lead to the decline of the other.

fmooy

« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2006, 09:56:14 AM »
To all the kill-joys on this thread who are not even considering attending Tulane (halfie, I am looking in your direction ;)): Tulane is the 12th oldest law school in the country, it has existed for over 110 years and survived at least 2 other hurricanes of equal destructive power. Their endowment may not be as large as Harvard's, but neither is their student body. Additionally, despite over $200 million in damage Tulane's endowment reamins fully intact (thats what insurance is for). As for the faculty cuts, they appear to be more politically than finacially motivated. Like it or not, Katrina provided a good pretext for the school's administration to make some long awaited changes that would have been impossible for them to make without some kind of scapegoat. I am not saying that Katrina has not hurt the University, but its not on the verge of collapse. For those planning to attend Tulane, I would like to hear your thoughts on the University's renewal plan.