Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: TULANE LAW SCHOOL THREAD  (Read 34781 times)

monet

• View Profile
Re: TULANE LAW SCHOOL THREAD
« Reply #120 on: May 04, 2006, 02:05:19 AM »
somebody called from tulane yesterday too... to see if i had any questions. i was woken up by the phone call and the only thing i could think of to ask was if there is housing. i must've sounded like an idiot.
Washington & Lee -- 2009

monet

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 04, 2006, 03:36:36 PM »
i just got into W&L.. thread here: http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,61761.0.html

no idea what i'm going to do. any input will be very much appreciated.
Washington & Lee -- 2009

joespecial

« Reply #122 on: May 04, 2006, 04:30:10 PM »

Nola

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2006, 05:39:09 PM »
They should have recruitment visits during Jazz Fest.  I just saw Bob Dylan eating a po-boy at Franky and Johnny's.

monet

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 04, 2006, 05:42:26 PM »
i just got into W&L.. thread here: http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,61761.0.html

PSYCHOANALYSIS: You came on the pro-Tulane, hyper accepted student thread to ask this question. You know we will say Tulane is better. AND IT IS! Do you really want to live in that backwater where W&L is? You want to be told to go to Tulane.

I enjoyed my visit to Tulane and I love New Orleans. Maybe you should visit both schools.

hahaha you are so correct i am laughing out loud. convince meeeee not to be a rankings whore!
Washington & Lee -- 2009

nolalove

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 05, 2006, 04:11:00 PM »
happy cinco de mayo everyone! woohoo! another excuse to go out and drink our adult beverages in the sun shiney weather. . .  ;D

monet-- i agree w/ halfie that the ranking difference is not significant. on your other thread discussion, several people commented on tulane's excellent national rep.

i had a great undergrad experience there, with extremely attentive faculty and no silly university bureaucracy standing in the way of doing whatever i wanted. if you're at all interested in hurricane katrina work, i've been talking and corresponding w/ some current law students, and they are doing AMAZING work, and they have been able to donate a significant amount of time, energy and attention to it.

anyhow, one of the main reasons I chose tulane was because i thought it would be the place where i was the happiest. it was not the highest ranked school i got into, but i truly think that i am going to pursue an equally prestigious career path as i would going to any of the other schools i considered becomes i'm motivated to do so, i'll be involved in great work at tulane, and i'm coming from a nationally recognized school. plus I AM GOING TO HAVE FUN DOING IT!!!!!!

in conclusion, come to tulane  ;D

nolalove

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 05, 2006, 04:19:22 PM »
would anyone be interested in doing some katrina relief work for two weeks or so before orientation? i thought it might be a fun way to help out and meet some 1Ls. there are a lot of orgs that took spring breakers who might be able to help us organize a two week volunteer thing.

Bow Tied Up

• Sr. Citizen
  • they tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 05, 2006, 04:23:28 PM »
i would LOVE to, but it's totally going to depend on when i can move down...should know in the coming weeks (which may be too late?)...

oh, and happy cinco to you, too!  and, well, everyone else!  hope everyone has a great evening...and remember to have your mint juleps tomorrow during the derby.  my money this year is on, appropriately enough, lawyer ron!  come on, it's fate people.

anyone have any jazz fest stories to share?  if not now, maybe by the end of the weekend?

okay, back to work.  patiently awaiting an adult beverage myself...

Alamo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 05, 2006, 04:57:57 PM »

PSYCHOANALYSIS: You came on the pro-Tulane, hyper accepted student thread to ask this question. You know we will say Tulane is better. AND IT IS! Do you really want to live in that backwater where W&L is? You want to be told to go to Tulane.

I enjoyed my visit to Tulane and I love New Orleans. Maybe you should visit both schools.

hahaha you are so correct i am laughing out loud. convince meeeee not to be a rankings whore!

There are some schools where the rankings difference would be real and choosing Tulane at equal money would be a pretty dumb move.  Duke, for example.  Cornell.  Maybe Texas or Vanderbilt.  Washington and Lee is clearly not one of those schools--and so, your choice is actually pretty easy. :D

Tsk tsk.  C'mon Monet, listen to the little angel on your shoulder, not the little devil . . .

Angel: "You know it will be easier to concentrate on your studies at W&L, it's simply the right thing to do - you're going to law school to learn, aren't you?  And don't listen to Halfie, he's a notoriously irrational W&L hater."

Devil: "C'mon, all work and no play only makes for a dull Monet!  Live a little!  You can drink on the sidewalk here!  Have you ever ordered a strawberry daiquiri TO GO?!?!  Best feeling EVER!"

Just something to think about.  And before you all jump on me, my sister went to Tulane and loved it, so I'm not trying to rain on your parade.  I'm just sick of everyone falling back on the one thing they know about W&L, that it's in a small town.  I will be there and fun will be had, although most likely none that will compete with NoLa on the debauchery scale.  Good luck to ya . . . 
I must admit that I may have been infected with society's prejudices and predilections and attributed them to God . . . and that in years hence I may be seen as someone who was on the wrong side of history.  I don't believe such doubts make me a bad Christian.  I believe they make me human . . .

Bow Tied Up

• Sr. Citizen
  • they tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 05, 2006, 05:00:22 PM »

now i really want a daiquiri to go...great.