Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: TULANE LAW SCHOOL THREAD  (Read 34533 times)

Hedley Lamarr

• Sr. Citizen
  • What in the wide, wide world of sports is agoin on
    • View Profile
Re: TULANE LAW SCHOOL THREAD
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2006, 03:42:09 PM »
moving down July 1.
What part of town are you looking in?
Well, I'd love to stay and chat, but you're a total female dog

What are ya a bunch of Kansas City faggots

bloodbath

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2006, 07:18:21 PM »
I will be joining you guys as a classmate, sent in my deposit a few days ago. I'm looking to move to NOLA either at the beginning of June or July, whenever I can get a lease started, really. I'm hoping to rent a house somewhere in the uptown/garden district area within walking distance to campus. I'm going to go back over there within the next month or so to pick a place out.

nolalove

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2006, 07:28:55 PM »
glad you'll be joining us!

looking either in the uptown/garden district area around tulane, or near magazine street, around the napolean st. area-- basically magazine and the numbered streets (1st, 3rd, you get it). i love the magazine street area because it has a lot of bars and restaurants where older undergrads, grad students and young "professional" (or just young and cool) people hang out. and rents are much cheaper, and i think the houses are nicer. on the other hand, it is a drive away from campus, so that could get to be a hassle.

Ever

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2006, 01:36:26 AM »
It's between SMU and Tulane for me; still thinking about it.  :-\ I loved Tulane and New Orleans when I visited. The best beer I have ever had in my life was poured on Bourbon Street.

nolalove

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2006, 02:34:54 PM »
bonkers-- i think you should live in the quarter because then there will be at least one person (you) who goes to class less than i do.

ever-- don't underestimate the consistent good times in new orleans.

i'm going househunting this coming week. i'll post about the various areas and what you can get for the money, and i'll send y'all the links for any realtors that were particularly helpful.

nolalove

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2006, 03:21:40 PM »
so am i, actually. . .but i'm going to try and stop that because i've heard it's absolutely pointless to go to blackletter classes.

imago

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2006, 03:39:56 PM »
I've sent my $300 and will be attending, barring a miraculous wait-list-acceptance from W&L.

I was down for a Mardi Gras a few months ago and had a blast with some current TLS students.  New Orleans has soul like you wouldn't believe. 

jellomello

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2006, 07:39:13 PM »
Bonkers,

You are so pro-Tulane it makes me wonder if the moral thing is your only motivation? How much are they paying you? Do you believe that NOLA will be as lively a city as it once was with its population reduced so drastically.

Is Tulane known to be a big party school? Would a law student who is not interested in much drinking and partying be happy at TLS?

monet

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2006, 08:17:37 PM »
I am going! I definately want to live within walking distance since I haven't biked in years and probably won't be bringing a car.
Washington & Lee -- 2009

jellomello

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2006, 08:33:32 PM »
I'm not sure that the school will remain a good place to study international law as NOLA is no longer attractive to foreign lawyers pursuing LLMs and to the top candidates for teaching positions. Many now are choosing more progressive schools rather than traditional ones like Tulane.