Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I'M DOIN IT AGAIN!  (Read 1371 times)

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
Re: I'M DOIN IT AGAIN!
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2006, 05:47:13 PM »
Scotty needs to see this thread...
quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

Zoli

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2006, 01:55:40 AM »
hey lovebutton, are we still doing the jacuzzi thing??  cuz it looks like you'll have more time now. 
"I say NO to drugs but they don't listen."

norcaldude

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2006, 02:11:53 AM »
me three.

you applying ED anywhere?  I'm thinking of going for NU ED since that's my best shot, but I don't really want to go there, but it would be my top T11-14 choice.  whatcha think?

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2006, 09:13:51 PM »
cesco, there's no way to beat the biological clock thing.  i think we would actually just need to have a baby and get everyone off our backs.

it's funny that you mention the jacuzzi, zoli, because i was thinking of maybe spending my year off in one.  you can stop by if you bring tasty beverages.

norcal: i was going to say something along the lines of "definitely don't apply ED to a school you don't really want to go to," but then I thought of me with Cornell--I wasn't crazy about it, but I could see myself going because it is an Ivy.  I personally couldn't apply ED.  I'm the kind of person who NEEDS to know what her options are (and I like to have a bunch of them), so it would be hard for me to commit to one school in the very beginning.  I'd wonder where else I could have gotten in.  On the other hand, a friend of mine with similar stats to me (lower LSAT) got into Columbia ED.  And I'd love to go there.  So maybe there's something to be said for that.
* Columbia Law, Class of 2011 *

LSN

norcaldude

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2006, 04:11:14 AM »
norcal: i was going to say something along the lines of "definitely don't apply ED to a school you don't really want to go to," but then I thought of me with Cornell--I wasn't crazy about it, but I could see myself going because it is an Ivy.  I personally couldn't apply ED.  I'm the kind of person who NEEDS to know what her options are (and I like to have a bunch of them), so it would be hard for me to commit to one school in the very beginning.  I'd wonder where else I could have gotten in.  On the other hand, a friend of mine with similar stats to me (lower LSAT) got into Columbia ED.  And I'd love to go there.  So maybe there's something to be said for that.

i remember undergrad, applying, getting deferred, and ending up where I would have ended up anyway.

I'd rather apply (and presumably get in if I'm going to get in anywhere at all) early to the school I have the best shot at this time.

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2006, 11:49:43 AM »

i remember undergrad, applying, getting deferred, and ending up where I would have ended up anyway.

I'd rather apply (and presumably get in if I'm going to get in anywhere at all) early to the school I have the best shot at this time.

I can absolutely understand that.  I suspect that wherever we all end up, we will have as good of an experience as we want to.  Good luck.  :)
* Columbia Law, Class of 2011 *

LSN