Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone ever retake TM? did it help??  (Read 779 times)

TheNewGuy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Anyone ever retake TM? did it help??
« on: August 06, 2004, 05:30:42 AM »
Im in a TM course right now, and it's going alright I guess, but I am still having a hard time grasping some of the concepts. The farther along I go in the course, the more I start to doubt being able to do well on the Oct. LSAT. At this point, I am seriously considering rescheduling for the Dec LSAT, and re-taking TM (in autumn) after I finish the summer course. Has anyone here ever retaken the course??? Did it help much??

nuqueen

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Anyone ever retake TM? did it help??
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2004, 04:15:03 PM »
I know that this post does not answer your question.

However, I wanted to let you know that I totally understand exactly how you feel because I am considering doing the same thing. Reason being, I plan on taking the LSAT once and only once. At this time, I don't feel like I am grasping the concepts well enough to take the exam in October. Plus, I am way behind on the homework. In other words, you are not alone.

LSATGuru

Re: Anyone ever retake TM? did it help??
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004, 05:43:16 PM »
It takes a while to get your brain around the concepts of Formal Logic and Argumentation Analysis.  If you feel like you're having that hard of a time understanding the principles of arguments, how they're formed, and why some are valid/invalid after a month in TestMasters, law school might not be right for you.

If, on the other hand, you "get" the arguments and the methodology but you are working full-time or have 3 kids etc... and just cant get your homework done, then yes, maybe it is a good idea to take it twice.

I'm in it now, too, and I have ample time to get my homework done, so I would never take it over because I would assume that if I didn't "get it" the first time around (over 2.5 months) then I'd be hopeless in law school understanding the concepts awaiting me there.

Im in a TM course right now, and it's going alright I guess, but I am still having a hard time grasping some of the concepts. The farther along I go in the course, the more I start to doubt being able to do well on the Oct. LSAT. At this point, I am seriously considering rescheduling for the Dec LSAT, and re-taking TM (in autumn) after I finish the summer course. Has anyone here ever retaken the course??? Did it help much??