Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Waitlisted at USD  (Read 3637 times)

johnab

• View Profile
Waitlisted at USD
« on: April 13, 2006, 07:28:46 PM »
Was sent two letters to return at different intervals indicating that I am still interested.

My Numbers:

- 2.93cum/3.29 Degree

- 155/164 LSAT

LawHopful

• View Profile
Re: Waitlisted at USD
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 07:32:17 PM »
When did you recieve your letter for the waitlist?  I have very similar numbers and I went complete in Mid-November. I am eagerly awaiting the decision.

pinkybella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 07:36:17 PM »
I was waitlisted too....the weird thing everyone I know who was waitlisted today was a FT applicant. I'm the only PT applicant that I've heard was waitlisted today (or at all yet). I was reading past USD threads from last year and someone said that they applied for the PT program last year but USD made a mistake and put their application w/ the FT applicants. Now I'm becoming a little worried that the same has happened to me...What do you all think?

And what do you all think about the chances of getting off the waitlist are? I was looking at LSN and out of the 17 PT applicants accepted, about 5 are def. not attending USD. I'm thinking that there may be some movement on the waitlist but I'm not sure how much....

pinkybella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 07:39:35 PM »
I'm waitlisted as well, and that sucks

NESNUT: did you apply ft or pt?

Law9486

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2006, 06:21:07 PM »
Can I join the waitlist party too?

I got the letter in the mail today. It seemed pretty generic in terms of FT/PT. I applied FT, but checked the box saying I would be open to a PT position. It seems like USD is sending out all of its rejection and waitlist letters this week. Glad I got the latter.

burr33

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2006, 04:17:50 AM »
I was waitlisted today also.  2.52/168. 

Saphyrva

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2006, 03:50:19 PM »
Me too!  159/3.25.  I thought I was going to get an outright rejection since I didn't check that little box that said I would consider PT if not offered FT.  I guess now is my chance to change my mind if I want to be studying in the sun!

IvanTrbl

• Sr. Citizen
  • ouch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2006, 08:21:09 PM »
Got it today, as well.  I love how these sorts of decisions come in sworms.
"I spent lots of money on birds, booze, and fast cars.  The rest I squandered." - George Best!

pinkybella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2006, 09:27:48 PM »
I'm staying on. I'm going to try to submit additional info & hopefully, I'll be able to snag a spot in the pt class....good luck to everyone else who is going to try & get in off the wl...

Law9486

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2006, 03:29:28 AM »
Did anyone else notice the large difference in numbers on LSN this year compared to last? There are so many more withdraws on there. Is this because of an increase in popularity of LSN, or what?