Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Microsoft OneNote - yay or nay?  (Read 22136 times)

alwaystheunderdog

• View Profile
Re: Microsoft OneNote - yay or nay?
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2006, 06:25:12 PM »
i have a question.  i have been using one note for a while, but how do you create templates, i cant seem to find out how

alwaystheunderdog

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2006, 06:37:56 PM »
ohok, great thanks

terralily

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2006, 02:15:31 PM »
tag
Windy City here I come....DePaul it is!!!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=terralily

inthesun

« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2006, 02:43:03 PM »
Other than the inability to make tables (which was mentioned in another post), I miss the automatic spell check.  I finally added all of those pesky law words into my Word dictionary, and then started using One Note.  When I type fast, I sometimes make spelling errors, and it is annoying to keep having to go back to fix them when I was so used to Word cleaning up after me.

Everything else I love.  I love how easy it is to outline, I love the tabs, I love being able to take snap shots from websites and other documents, I LOVE THE ORGANIZATION...it's fab.  I wish more people had OneNote so I could use some of the more advanced functions.

AZWildcat

• Sr. Citizen
  • What LS in San Diego looks like..
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2006, 03:33:43 PM »
For all of those griping about One Note, something that may be of interest...

The Apple version of Word (In MS Office 04) allows audio notes.  It basically has One Note's benefits with all of the upside of Word.  (tables, spell check, etc)
USD 2L

AZWildcat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2006, 03:42:10 PM »
wow, the apple version of something is better. 

whoda thunk it?  :D

It's pretty common, especially with Microsoft products.  Most people don't know, but both Word and Excel were both started on the Apple.
USD 2L

bass

• Sr. Citizen
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2006, 03:54:29 PM »
Mactroll.

inthesun

« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2006, 04:46:02 PM »

The Apple version of Word (In MS Office 04) allows audio notes.  It basically has One Note's benefits with all of the upside of Word.  (tables, spell check, etc)

You can do audio notes in the PC version of word, too, depending on which version you have.  Older versions of Word on Apple are more likely to have this while older Windows versions aren't. 

Macs are great (not saying sarcastically, I actually loves Macs) until exam time comes around and you are scrambling to find a laptop to use that is compatible with EBB.  It's annoying.

AZWildcat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2006, 05:19:39 PM »

You can do audio notes in the PC version of word, too, depending on which version you have.  Older versions of Word on Apple are more likely to have this while older Windows versions aren't. 

Macs are great (not saying sarcastically, I actually loves Macs) until exam time comes around and you are scrambling to find a laptop to use that is compatible with EBB.  It's annoying.

My school just approved my MacBook Pro for use with Examsoft for the summer; annoyance no more.
USD 2L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2006, 05:24:31 PM »
My school just approved my MacBook Pro for use with Examsoft for the summer; annoyance no more.

Wow!  I hope this catches on at my school before I purchase my laptop.  Bender mentioned in another post something about his school approving it too.  Do you know the name of the other school?